I found a new ?pet?

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, this spider has been kept by people. Look at the thread below this :)

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
OMG you lucky arse!! I've been trying to catch one of those for awhile now!!
Still strying to locate vinagroons salfugids [what you found] and the california tarantula.. lol

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i spent £34 on mine and you've found one for FREE lucky u:)

well their are fantastic pets, even though i've only been able to see mine for 36 hours before it hid.

right you want a deep substrait of about 4-5", the temp on one side of the tank should be around 80-85f during the day and 70f at night.

the don't live long at all and the american ones tend to be full grown at 2" and don't live more than about 2-3 months at that size (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but they are very active and amazing diggers, you'll note that they walk on their 1st,3d,4th pairs of legs while the 2nd are designed for digging, which they do very well.

they eat loads and they wrestle with their prey briefly since they have no venom and grab it with their palps.

can u post pics?

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As mentioned above these are short lived arachnids with few (if any) successful captive breedings. They do make interesting pets though. Very fast and very aggressive. Keep them dry with plenty of of room to run and burrow. I have had success with the local ones keeping them in a well ventilated encloser with dry sand and a rock to hide under. I just mist weekly for moisture and drinking water.

Malhavoc's,

I usually have the best luck finding them a night under lights, I find them under my inlaws yard light out in the country. Also you can try placing a lamp or lantern over a mason jar 'pit trap' out in the desert. I also find them by just flipping rocks and logs while out walking.

Matt

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Now if I only had the means to geto uta the city and to somewhere isolated..instead of the isolated hills that I bike to eavry now and then in hopes of finding something..[these 'hills' are actualy quite tal lbut sorouned by the city.. and about 4 miles away...I think I've finaly given up after my last experience with a bum living up there swearing in his drunken madness that the mountain lions up there will eat my toes..