I don't know :(

webbedone

Arachnobaron
goes to prove that spiders know more about spider business than people and if your T is acting out of place but has everything it needs to survive which is already close to bare minimums just let it be

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is possible that when you found her sideways, she was either beginning to slowly flip on her back, or even trying to start her molt in that position. I have seen sideways molts before. Next time I wouldn't poke and prod her so much. In alot of cases there is very little that a person can do anyway but keep an eye on them, so it is best to let them get on with their business. I do know that you were worried, though. :)
When you put her back in the enclosure, I would also put her near the edge of the water dish, just so she has easy access, in case she is still needing water. She won't eat for a bit, but she does look like she could use a little feeding up (to me, anyway. I know these guys don't eat much though, and I don't have this species myself.)
Congrats on the molt! Whew. :D May the next one go smoothly!
Oh, and I've read about the white eye thing too. I think it is in "Tarantulas and Other Arachnids".

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She won't eat for a bit, but she does look like she could use a little feeding up (to me, anyway. I know these guys don't eat much though, and I don't have this species myself.)
To OP, remember to wait 1-2 weeks before you even offer it food so it's fangs can harden. If you offer food before they've hardened, it's fangs could become damaged.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I felt smart when I read this :p and I am deffinatly not saying any of you arnt smart!!!! its just I am pretty new to the hobby but once I read that the eyes turned white I instantly knew it was a molt! That just because I study the molts of my T's and document everything :} I thought I was silly for doing such resurch on my own instead of looking it up online but now I feel I truely learn more that way!!! I truely thought it was a well known fact tho. yay I feel Smart lol I am so glad your T turned out fine! also those are wonderfull pictures! please post a pic of her when she becmes all fluffy and strong :)

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I absolutely LOVE tarantula Eyes- They always trip me out. I need to invest in a good camera to get some Micro shots!

Gingerfish

Arachnopeon
I hadn't either and when you said its eyes had turned white, I was lost. I am glad that mystery is solved, because it sounded so puzzling! I've been known to switch into mommy mode before, it happens when you care for your pet.;)

How does its abdomen looking after molting? and your are very welcome!:)
I put her back in her enclosure this morning, she immediately got onto her heat rock and completely stretched out
I'm surprised by how long her legs are. All there is left to do is fatten her up a bit when she's hardened up, she has probably only eaten twice the entire year I've had her.
Atleast I can try introduce her to my male soonish as well :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
She looks great! Just keep in mind that you should still wait another week or more to offer food - - she still needs time to completely harden up. Then, fatten her up at her leisure :D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To OP, if you have a heat rock in there, from what I understand those are a really bad idea. So I'd take it out and invest in another way to heat them such as a space heater.

Also I saw you had a male and that you were going to introduce them. Do you know if your male is a mature male? And keep in my mind, G. rosea are extremely slow growers and hard to sell or get rid of as slings.

Gingerfish

Arachnopeon
To OP, if you have a heat rock in there, from what I understand those are a really bad idea. So I'd take it out and invest in another way to heat them such as a space heater.

Also I saw you had a male and that you were going to introduce them. Do you know if your male is a mature male? And keep in my mind, G. rosea are extremely slow growers and hard to sell or get rid of as slings.
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/heat_wave_rock.php
The heat rock is temperature regulated and doesn't reach a high temperature at all. Safer than a heatmat in my opinion plus she loves lying on it all day
UK has a pretty high demand for slings, its not the first time I'm doing this either :)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer