I did a boboo

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all..:)

Well,, my Green bottle blue was very "in-active" this morning, sitting in a curled up T - "death position", with legs curled up exactly like they are "supposed" to look like when "they are no more". :(
I gently lift the cage up and turned it around to one side and no movement and my GBB looked really "dead", no reaction, legs up under body, really curled up.

My very "last" thing I did was to touch it gently and guess what:
Reaction was "ballisitic", it just jumped and I just realized within a second that it was a molt posture, looking "death-posture", although it was not on it's back, sitting up with legs curled up.

To make a long story short: I have now a zombie-molted Green Bottle Blue that's alive and fine and looked 100% "dead".:) and really angry with me, kinda....:D

Kenny

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it should be ok...

As long as you left it alone after disturbing it all should be well. I would maybe mist the cage a tad. They are pretty tough overall though so I think you'll be ok.

Phil

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, thats a new one on me. They never cease to daze and amaze. Nice that it turned out to be alive and well. :)

Ern

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you help it get flipped over or anything before it molted or did you leave it to its own devices?

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Check-up..:)

Hi all..

My GBB has left it's position in the web and is right now,, 12:49 am EST sitting on the side of the cage above the web it has made. fresh-molted :)
I did also mist a little bit more in the cage than "normal".
I.e. the cage walls was full with drips of water.:)

I was really worried for awhile because I did disturb it.
A lesson to be learnt.:)

Although,,this position it had was really a " curled-up-dead-T" position.

I am so happy now,, they know the best what they do,,leave them "alone!" and observe :D

Kenny

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Kenny,
my GBBs are the worst for assuming that 'dead' looking position! I've done the same as you before too.
They always are in the strangest positions, and look dead.
Now I don't worry about it anymore :)