Littlemissskinnylegs

Arachnopeon
F6A91390-90FD-45E8-B5EA-4170A1B33881.jpeg

I think it’s a tiawan golden orb weaver it came from a pallet from tiawan

Last edited by a moderator:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is one of the Nephila sp. (also called Golden Silk Orbweavers) - possibly Nephila pilipes.

Littlemissskinnylegs

Arachnopeon
Exactly what I thought thank you!
I have rescued it from people who have no idea about spiders !!! how can I care for her/him what does it need ?

i Own a nhandu chromatus but I’m thinking maybe more humidity

Last edited by a moderator:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It will need LOTS of room and plenty of branches or other attachment points to make a large web so it can catch its prey. It will also need good ventilation in addition to warm temperatures and some humidity. (I have not kept this species, but I have kept other orb weavers and am hoping to get a Nephila clavipes in the not-too-distant future.)

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
@basin79 keeps a Nephila species, and I believe he has it in an Exoterra Small "tall" or equivalent (12" width, 12" depth, 18" height), if I'm not mistaken. Ran some fake vines near the top, and some bushy fake leaves on one side. Big open space for it to spin its web.

Spritz water onto the webbing occasionally and it will drink the droplets.

basin79

ArachnoGod
@basin79 keeps a Nephila species, and I believe he has it in an Exoterra Small "tall" or equivalent (12" width, 12" depth, 18" height), if I'm not mistaken. Ran some fake vines near the top, and some bushy fake leaves on one side. Big open space for it to spin its web.

Spritz water onto the webbing occasionally and it will drink the droplets.
Bang on.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Nice, lucky find, good luck with it. Looks like it had a rough trip with only 5 legs.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It will rejuvenate new legs but how often do they moult ?
It's really early in the year, so providing she isn't a holdover from last year she's got a few molts left. How large is she, body length? Mature adults get up to 1 1/2-2 inches.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Half inch I’d say she’s still really small & thanks
That's a youngster. She's got nearly a year of life ahead of her. The big rule in their lifespan is they assume a torpor state in the center of their web when not eating or rebuilding the web. So the less she is disturbed and allowed to simply park there, the better. Butterflies and moths are the easiest prey for them to handle. Avoid combat scenarios for their meals. Their eyesight is very limited, their web their primary sensory organ. Avoid handling or agitating them but if they accidentally get knocked out of their web, move very slow, non threatening. When calm they are usually quite docile and cooperative.

N Clavata that got blasted out of her web by a dog.

Last edited: