I.D for striped tail

Arachnid1994

Arachnopeon
I bought 2 striped tails at a show today, was wanting to know the scientific name and if they really are striped tails. 0917172106a.jpg 0917172106a.jpg

Attachments

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
If it is a stripe tail, its scientific name would be Hoffmannius spinigerus. I'm 50 percent sure that is a striped tail. I also have one and it looks almost exactly like that.

Arachnid1994

Arachnopeon
How do I tell the difference between H.spinigerus and V. Confusus. From what I see on the internet they are very similar

If it is a stripe tail, its scientific name would be Hoffmannius spinigerus. I'm 50 percent sure that is a striped tail. I also have one and it looks almost exactly like that.

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
How do I tell the difference between H.spinigerus and V. Confusus. From what I see on the internet they are very similar
They do, but I noticed that the pictures sometimes are labeled vaejovis spp. I don't have
Vaejovis confuses in my possession but only way I could tell (looking at pictures from google) that Hoffmannius spinigerus has very noticeable stripes on their tail. Hence their name the striped tailed scorpion. In my experience (which was only two weeks max) they also have larger pedipalps. Please don't trust my advice though.