I caught him in the act!

FlamingBooty

Arachnopeon
I managed to catch the start of my mature male B. albo producing a sperm web and put together a short video capturing the entire process. I hope you all enjoy! <3

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Great video! Very interesting. I've never seen the whole procedure before. :astonished:

I should show this to my MM G. rosea, so he can learn how it's done. Waiting for a sperm web from him so he's ready for @boina's little girl. :happy:

Inktomi2

Arachnopeon
That was really interesting to watch. Thanks for sharing it.

And your T is gorgeous.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I loved watching my MM G pulchra do this, it was so interesting. Almost like watching a nature documentary. Too bad Sir David Attenborough couldn’t narrate for me!

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Such a fuzzy guy! Is he going to get to breed?

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I managed to catch the start of my mature male B. albo producing a sperm web and put together a short video capturing the entire process. I hope you all enjoy! <3
That was an amazing video! In the 20 some-odd years of keeping tarantulas I have never seen the whole process start to finish. Was the part where the palpal bulbs being charged edited or did it really take just a couple of seconds? I had to rewind that part a few times since it went by too quick.

FlamingBooty

Arachnopeon
Great video! Very interesting. I've never seen the whole procedure before. :astonished:

I should show this to my MM G. rosea, so he can learn how it's done. Waiting for a sperm web from him so he's ready for @boina's little girl. :happy:
Maybe he's just waiting for the mood to be just right. xD

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Such a fuzzy guy! Is he going to get to breed?
Yup. He's (hopefully) successfully bred my mature female at least once. He's tried again a few more times, but she's either uninterested or attempts to make a meal of him, so I'll take that as a good sign. For her anyway. xD

I loved watching my MM G pulchra do this, it was so interesting. Almost like watching a nature documentary. Too bad Sir David Attenborough couldn’t narrate for me!
It was quite amazing to watch. I just happened to catch him at the perfect time. And on a weekend, no less!

That was an amazing video! In the 20 some-odd years of keeping tarantulas I have never seen the whole process start to finish. Was the part where the palpal bulbs being charged edited or did it really take just a couple of seconds? I had to rewind that part a few times since it went by too quick.
It was definitely shortened. I didn't want to bore anyone to death with an extremely long video. The entire palp charging took upwards of 1-2 hours from start to finish.

Last edited by a moderator: