I can't tell if my Eupalaestrus Campestratus is dying or molting

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
I have an E campestratus, it's still a sling, it's last molt was about a month and a half ago, she hasn't been eating the past week despite being offered food, this morning she was moving around but now she's just sitting there, every couple minutes she'll twitch but she's right side up, last I knew they usually flip upside down to molt. I'm worried she may be dying. I've attached a picture of her in her current condition.

Attachments

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
I have an E campestratus, it's still a sling, it's last molt was about a month and a half ago, she hasn't been eating the past week despite being offered food, this morning she was moving around but now she's just sitting there, every couple minutes she'll twitch but she's right side up, last I knew they usually flip upside down to molt. I'm worried she may be dying. I've attached a picture of her in her current condition.
Just leave her be. She might be having a right-side-up molt which, although it isn’t “the norm,” is completely harmless and she’ll most likely molt without any problems. I don’t think she’s dying

FraddyCat

Arachnopeon
So she has a shiny hiny as many refer to it. Very good indicator that she is in pre molt which also could very well explain the two week fast. She will eventually flip her self on to her back. The very best thing to do is just leave it alone. Make sure it has water and dont attempt to feed for at least a week or two after its molted. As Im sure you know, the fangs are very soft and won't harden for at least 72 hours. T's can go forever without feeding. As long as you dont see curled legs underneath the body... Good luck.

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
Just got my answer! I got to video most of the process, I missed the first little bit, but she had a successful molt and is now grooming and drying, I'm so proud of her. She's beautiful

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In the future in either case, dying or molting, there's almost nothing you can do but wait, esp for molting.

Also species isn't capitalized.

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
In the future in either case, dying or molting, there's almost nothing you can do but wait, esp for molting.

What do you mean species isn't capitalized?

Good point though, can't do much either way

cold blood

Staff member
It's a scientific classification, therefore it's a proper noun, therefore it would be capitalized.
The point of this post wasn't for you to incorrectly attempt to correct my grammar.
Fwiw, genus is always capitalized, species should never be.

Not the intent, but it is pertinent info to know going forward.

Its like seeing someone write that mR. brown was your teacher. If the wrong things are (or aren't) capitalized, it just looks (and is) totally incorrect.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Just some examples:

C9EB59D7-DD35-479E-A0A4-4F5ECC778847.jpeg

06377782-BC0E-4480-B28E-061BC2863508.jpeg

B6241CA3-5791-48E3-AFE0-D66956EA7033.jpeg

But yeah, congratulation on your tarantula’s successful molting!

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
Did the species being capitalized create any confusion as to what kind of T it is? No it did not, is it going to bother 99.99999% of people? No it is not, was posting that it was incorrect solving anything or providing any sort of helpful information to what the post was asking? No, it was not.
Was it completely pointless to point it out? Yes, yes it was.

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
It was copy and pasted off a Google page so the spelling would be correct and my phone corrected it to being capitalized.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Did the species being capitalized create any confusion as to what kind of T it is? No it did not, is it going to bother 99.99999% of people? No it is not, was posting that it was incorrect solving anything or providing any sort of helpful information to what the post was asking? No, it was not.
Was it completely pointless to point it out? Yes, yes it was.
There’s no need to get so defensive, @viper69 did give some sound advice for your situation in his post:

Getting upset over being corrected on how to write the binomial nomenclature... I mean it should be a nonissue, he wasn’t trying to upset you or be overly picky, it was merely to inform you..:shy:

On another note, I’m glad that your tarantula molted and that there were no complications!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a scientific classification
You are RIGHT! You win a prize!

therefore it would be capitalized
You are WRONG, you lost your prize!

The point of this post wasn't for you to incorrectly attempt to correct my gramma
The point of your post was obvious. I did nothing incorrect. I merely provided you additional, GRAMMATICALLY, correct information.

You aren't the first person to be corrected by forum users, AND guess what, you won't be the last!

All of us on this forum have been corrected about one thing or another. If you can't handle that, don't post.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
You aren't the first person to be corrected by forum users, AND guess what, you won't be the last!

All of us on this forum have been corrected about one thing or another. If you can't handle that, don't post.
+1 to that.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@viper69 @cold blood

Correct, but in Italic, God damn it Italic! :)

Example: Grammostola rosea should be always Grammostola rosea, and so forth :pompous:

Or we are lazy enough for not even use that nicely I above?

ih ih ih :kiss: