I asked a vendor for male tarantulas, he now thinks I breeds, and I need to keep living a lie

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Well, it’s not common for people to seek male Ts unless they ARE breeding. I’ve always found that weird, myself. From my experience, you still get a decent amount of time with males. The argument that males just don’t live as long is all relative to females of the same species. Male Ts are still very long-lived in comparison to many other invert pets. And once they mature, they take on interesting mate searching behaviors and become very active.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Can I ask why you are like adult male Ts?

I don't see much point when they could be in search of mating rather than slowly deteriorating in captivity. Their response would be expected.

I'm just curious is all. Not trying to have a go

Arachnoclown

Arachnosquire
I prefer male tarantulas over female tarantulas myself. They always seam unwanted to me so when given a chance I'll buy them. They are also great to trade and loan to grow your collection. I can understand that when someone asks for a male 90% of the time they are going to attempt to breed. I do have two of the males you are seeking...they are handsome young fellows. :)

thevez2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No need to live a lie. Just tell them you aren't breeding, but are just interested in males. They might be inclined to give you males after they are done with them as breeders.

Agree, most aren't interested in males. I've have a couple males have very short life spans after maturing. All depends on the species though.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I'd assume the same thing. No one wants to keep males. They're ugly, Leggy, and sshor lived