I am Suffering from Arachnophobia but, I choose to fight!

Do i need to buy more slings ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I have a G Pulchripes same size as that and I feed it a mealworm with the head squashed so it doesn't burrow, just leave it over night and it will eat it although mine doesn't eat it all it takes a fare bit. If that doesn't work it may be in pre moult you said its around 6 months without a moult so could be the reason for not taking food and that prey item seems rather large for it

wingedcoatl

Arachnopeon
The cockroach may just be too big for the little guy. Kill it and leave it in there for a day. Better yet, do mealworms and squish the heads before you throw them in. I think the common thing to do is that if the food is bigger than the abdomen it should be pre-killed. I have no idea about the droplets. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Edit: ^^ haha beat me to it!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My pulchripes scared to his food.
The feeder you used is a bit big which is probably why (some slings will happily take on prey bigger than themselves but not all), my general rule is to keep prey around the same size as the tarantula's abdomen. You can always pre-kill larger items (just crush its head), slings/juvies will happily scavenge.

And standing on the wall and idk if hes vomiting water or what. 1st i see one drop of water near his mouth then i do something and i go check him again and theres 2 drop of water on the wall now.
Probably digestive fluid, they use it to groom etc.

It's nothing to worry about.

Anyway mr @The Grym Reaper is quite famous in this forum. Ive seen him a lot on other thread. Haha
I'm officially a celebrity now, do I get arachnogroupies and all the other perks of fame now? :troll::rofl:

Bakpao2nd

Arachnopeon
The feeder you used is a bit big which is probably why (some slings will happily take on prey bigger than themselves but not all), my general rule is to keep prey around the same size as the tarantula's abdomen. You can always pre-kill larger items (just crush its head), slings/juvies will happily scavenge.

Probably digestive fluid, they use it to groom etc.

It's nothing to worry about.

I'm officially a celebrity now, do I get arachnogroupies and all the other perks of fame now? :troll::rofl:
Dang i need to change his food asap then. Since I've heard they can kill T's
What a relief theres nothing to worry about

Iam your biggest fan @The Grym Reaper !! !!

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
I used to be in your situation. You will get sick and sweat when you first see them, but it will subside, I promise. Don't handle them if you don't want to, and as for cleaning, get a friend to help if you're that scared. Enjoy your T's!

Bakpao2nd

Arachnopeon
hy guys . I think I need advice.

today is my 5th days keeping T's as pet.
and there's no major issues like last time, since I just watching them frozen stone everyday. LOL
and I feel like now I brave enough to touch them (more like letting them walk on my hand).

what do you thing guys,
should I ? or shouldn't I ? or you guys have a good advice for it ?
I think I really need it.

@The Grym Reaper @Ungoliant @notanarachnophobe @Andrew Clayton
@wingedcoatl @Bob Len @SteveIDDQD @Mini8leggedfreak
by the way. sorry to call you guys for such a question .

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire

and there's no major issues like last time, since I just watching them frozen stone everyday. LOL
and I feel like now I brave enough to touch them (more like letting them walk on my hand).

what do you thing guys,

Don't handle at all unless you absolutely need to. The negatives massively outweigh the positives. Mainly, if the T falls it will probably die. And, no worries. Happy to help.

Bob Len

Arachnosquire

what do you thing guys,

People on the boards tend to be against handling. It's not good for you T and is not at all necessary. However, if you feel you really want to, now would probably be the best time I suppose. slings can survive much larger falls than an adult and also cant really bite you to any effect.
If you are going to handle you slings hold them close over another surface, have your hands near enough to a table and make sure to have a catch cup.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I'm against handling unless absolutely needing too but I have handled them, best thing to do is get down on the floor with plenty of room and doors closed. good luck BTW lol

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I wouldn't recommend handling at all because the animal gets nothing out of it except for the risk of injury or death, I don't intentionally handle at all any more (only if a tarantula runs/walks out of the enclosure and onto me or something like that).

If you're going to handle then do so close to the floor or over a soft surface in an area that's free of clutter and away from drafts. Also, try not to make any sudden movements or breathe on them while handling as this can spook them which usually results in them bolting (which in turn might spook you and result in you harming the tarantula by accident). Always keep a catch cup nearby as well.