I am looking for Blue Death Feigning Beetles but i live in the netherlands plz help :'(

TrissiB

Arachnopeon
If anyone here knows a shop or somebody that ships blue death feigning beetles to the netherlands please let me know, I would like to buy some but can't find any here.

8103376133_e603a87fd3.jpg

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I guess you can try to put up an ad here on AB, but I'm not sure how far that will get you. Try to contact some of the big name sellers in Europe and maybe they can point you in the right direction. I hope you're able to get some!

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I just LOVE those beetles! Good luck in finding them. I think you'd be hard pressed to find them in Europe. Someone somewhere probably has them, but because of American export laws, it's hard to get US native beetles out of the country. It is made even more difficult when you consider that no one has found a way to breed these in captivity, so every captive beetle must be caught in the US. I'm in a position where I can drive a few hours and collect dozens of them. I'd sell to you, but again, export laws. I'd go with what Panna said and post an ad. Try beetleforum.net (or is it .com?) as well.

Good luck! If you can find them, I assure you, they're amazing!

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just LOVE those beetles! Good luck in finding them. I think you'd be hard pressed to find them in Europe. Someone somewhere probably has them, but because of American export laws, it's hard to get US native beetles out of the country. I'm in a position where I can drive a few hours and collect dozens of them. I'd sell to you, but again, export laws. I'd go with what Panna said and post an ad. Try beetleforum.net (or is it .com?) as well.

Good luck! If you can find them, I assure you, they're amazing!
I'd love some if you have some available and I'm in the US!

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I'd love some if you have some available and I'm in the US!
The ones I have now I'd like to keep at the moment, but if you give me until maybe late February I can get back down to AZ and collect some more. Until then I know of some US based dealers that sell them if you'd like to get some sooner.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The ones I have now I'd like to keep at the moment, but if you give me until maybe late February I can get back down to AZ and collect some more. Until then I know of some US based dealers that sell them if you'd like to get some sooner.
I'm in no rush! I only know of Peter who sells them but he said it's too cold to ship currently. How many do you have? Would you care to post a pic of your set up? I'm very interested in these guys!

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I'm in no rush! I only know of Peter who sells them but he said it's too cold to ship currently. How many do you have? Would you care to post a pic of your set up? I'm very interested in these guys!
I uploaded this video to youtube that shows an old setup I had in a KK for a few beetles.

Peter was who I got my original stock from as well. I have 7 at the moment. Here's my setup:

(Most of the beetles are hiding, but you can see a few in the bottom left corner eating out of the food dish.) Southwest Vivarium.JPG

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lovely! What do you use for sbstrate? Looks like a mix of pebble and eco earth and leaf litter.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I uploaded this video to youtube that shows an old setup I had in a KK for a few beetles.

Peter was who I got my original stock from as well. I have 7 at the moment. Here's my setup:

(Most of the beetles are hiding, but you can see a few in the bottom left corner eating out of the food dish.) View attachment 204389
I see that Eleodes hiding in the food bowl, don't think I don't! ;) What is it, obscurus?

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I see that Eleodes hiding in the food bowl, don't think I don't! ;) What is it, obscurus?
Eleodes suturalis. The red stripe darkling beetle. It's harder to see in the picture, but if you look closely you can see a faint red stripe. That tank is not just for A. verrucosus, it's my American Southwest vivarium. It holds all of my tenebs, and I'd like to get some mutillids in there soon as well.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Eleodes suturalis. The red stripe darkling beetle. It's harder to see in the picture, but if you look closely you can see a faint red stripe. That tank is not just for A. verrucosus, it's my American Southwest vivarium. It holds all of my tenebs, and I'd like to get some mutillids in there soon as well.
Ah, well I was kinda close. Very nice, themed tanks are cool! :) You should definitely get some velvet ants, they are very cool. Went camping a couple of years ago and there were a ton of different species of velvet ants, wish I had gotten some pictures.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Ah, well I was kinda close. Very nice, themed tanks are cool! :) You should definitely get some velvet ants, they are very cool. Went camping a couple of years ago and there were a ton of different species of velvet ants, wish I had gotten some pictures.
Where were you camping? If there were as many velvet ants as I'm picturing, that would be a sight to behold. Dasymuttila especially are very beautiful. I'll just have to make sure I won't get stung. They come in at a 3 on the Schmidt Pain Index.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I was at a dispersed campground here in Idaho, Cottonwood campground. There was a gravel road to the campgrounds and every afternoon I would find about 4-5 velvet ants of different species, most of them smaller but I did see one large one over an inch long. I camped that whole summer, couldn't find a house so I lived in a tent and had all my bugs at my friend's house!