I’m sure she’s fine.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
But I figured I’d ask for some suggestions here anyways, in case I’ve missed something in the chaos of exams.

Rehoused my B. klaasi female about 3 weeks ago, and she’s been up on the sides of the enclosure nonstop since then, until I disturb the enclosure. She’ll take prekilled (which auto corrects to premillennialism for those who were curious) just fine, and looks quite healthy.

Attached is a photo of her setup, there’s about 6 inches of substrate in there. I thought at first it may be too moist and that was her gripe, but it’s dried out since then and she’s still hanging out.

Usually I wouldn’t worry about settling in, but it has been a minute and she’s one of my favorites so I want to ensure she’s happy and taken care of even when I’m busy. I figure she’s just being a tarantula.

Feel free to tell me I sound like a first time keeper again :embarrassed:

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I see nothing wrong, set up talking. In all honesty I would offer a more little, less 'cumbersome', water dish (obviously, just me and this isn't the reason for that described behaviour).

As far the rest, just give her time.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Did you pack down the sub? I know some of my ts are really picky about walking on fluffy/loose substrate.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Yes! Forgot to mention that I made sure of that in the post, as this crossed my mind as well.
Maybe she's just intentionally trying to worry you then:rofl: Like Chris LXXIX said, just give her time, she'll come down eventually.

By the way, she is stunning!:D

scott99

Arachnoknight
But I figured I’d ask for some suggestions here anyways, in case I’ve missed something in the chaos of exams.

Rehoused my B. klaasi female about 3 weeks ago, and she’s been up on the sides of the enclosure nonstop since then, until I disturb the enclosure. She’ll take prekilled (which auto corrects to premillennialism for those who were curious) just fine, and looks quite healthy.

Attached is a photo of her setup, there’s about 6 inches of substrate in there. I thought at first it may be too moist and that was her gripe, but it’s dried out since then and she’s still hanging out.

Usually I wouldn’t worry about settling in, but it has been a minute and she’s one of my favorites so I want to ensure she’s happy and taken care of even when I’m busy. I figure she’s just being a tarantula.

Feel free to tell me I sound like a first time keeper again :embarrassed:
It might be little too damp there. Brachypelma species like on the dry side.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
It might be little too damp there. Brachypelma species like on the dry side.
Like I said I thought that might be the case at first for this particular individual(Some do like more moisture), but now except directly by the dish its almost completely dry. Hopefully if this is still an issue it'll just resolve itself as time goes on and the deeper layers of sub dry.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Brachypelma species like on the dry side.
Well, even if 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' (like old good Marilyn teached us) this isn't a enough valid reason for discriminate brunettes and redheads :bored:

A bit of 'moist' never armed a 'brachy'.

scott99

Arachnoknight
Like I said I thought that might be the case at first, but now except directly by the dish its almost completely dry. Hopefully if this is still an issue it'll just resolve itself as time goes on and the deeper layers of sub dry.
Than she's probably ok. Who known why T's do some of things they do:)

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Figured I’d give a bit of an update. She’s excavated out her hide a bit and I’ve tried varying conditions to see if she prefers anything in particular and still, 80% of the time I walk in and she’s on the walls. She’s also developed a significant bald spot but at this point I’m not sure what else to do for her. She won’t take live at all, when she used to be one of my most ravenous eaters the molt prior to this. Hopefully this is just a weird stage and she normalizes with the next molt, I’ve never had issues with a spider like this.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
We’ve had a huge humidity spell in light of some recent storms here, and shockingly enough, she’s settled in now that it’s disgustingly humid. Could be coincidence, who knows. I’m just happy she’s finally using her hide and settling.