Hypothetical question on size and acquiring...

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
I don't keep tarantulas smaller than 2" in any KK. Even the mini KK's roof has wide slots that they can climb through when they're small.
Thanks for the info, so I should stick with deli cups? I had a slip of the finger, didn't mean to disagree.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the info, so I should stick with deli cups? I had a slip of the finger, didn't mean to disagree.
If you'd like, there is nothing wrong with that. If you're looking for alternatives I could suggest these from Amazon. I use them for .5" to 2 inch slings.

Set up for .5" C. versicolor slings:

Set up for a Pamphobeteus sp. "Insignis" spiderling, 1":

And finally, set up for a B. albiceps juvenile, 1":

You have to put holes in them to use them. I use a cheap variable-temperature, variable-head soldering iron that I also got from Amazon.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Would the mini sized Kritter Keeper be ok for a sling?
What are the dimensions?

When I got my second Avic, she was in a small Kritter Keeper. I kept her in there for another molt or two before putting her in a proper arboreal setup.

I don't keep tarantulas smaller than 2" in any KK. Even the mini KK's roof has wide slots that they can climb through when they're small.
Yeah, for a sling, that might be a problem. (Even though the post said sling, I was thinking of my juvenile.)

Last edited:

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
What are the dimensions?

When I got my second Avic, she was in a small Kritter Keeper. I kept her in there for another molt or two before putting her in a proper arboreal setup.

Yeah, for a sling, that might be a problem. (Even though the post said sling, I was thinking of my juvenile.)
7.1 x 4.4 x 5.2 inches.