1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyllus diardi

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Wout, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Wout

Wout Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    This weekend I got a surprise. I had two females Hyllus diardi that laid an eggsack. The seller told me they were CB. So the sacks should be infertile. I took the sacks away but kept them just to be sure. This sunday I found this. I just wanted to share this with you. IMG_20181211_173939.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Weird, I'm wondering if the seller made a mistake then. There isn't any parthenogenesis in salticids that I know of, though I suppose since we just learned about one that produces "milk", so why not?

3. Aquarimax

Aquarimax Arachnoangel Active Member

Utah
    Congratulations! How many slings did you end up with?

4. Wout

Wout Arachnopeon

Thanks! There still in a nimf stage, so I leave them with te sack and don't touch them. When they get more mobile I will count them. There are two more sacks so I will have my hands full with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gogyeng

Gogyeng Arachnoknight Active Member

Nice sling. How did they fare at the end?

6. Paula Mcneil

Paula Mcneil Arachnopeon Active Member

Hello if you decide to sell any i would love to buy some from you I live Jumping spiders

7. Wout

Wout Arachnopeon

They are doing very well. There adult colors are showing and about sub adult right now. Sold already alot. I am in europe. So if you are in the US that is going to be a problem.

8. advan

advan oOOo Staff Member

These are normally WC from SE Asia and exported. Not many are actually CB.

9. Stefan2209

Stefan2209 Arachnolord Old Timer

Here in Europe the species is since years also regularly available as CB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Wout

Wout Arachnopeon

The parents were WC. They came in already mated. Im setting up different bloodlines so I can keep the breeding going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. advan

advan oOOo Staff Member

Sorry, was speaking of the US.

12. Paula Mcneil

Yes, doubt that would work, well good luck with your babies, hope they all do well

13. Deb60

Deb60 Arachnosquire

These are beautiful Jumping Spiders , I was luck enough to pick a female from a uk breeder at a show very recently.

14. Paula Mcneil

Wish i lived in the UK LOL