Hybrid Scorpions?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
The best way to do it avoiding inbreeding is to have as many different breeding groups as possible, about 20 will do, so you need 20 of each gender.
Now follow these rules:
Never change pairings
Never mate descendants
All your f1 males or females (I forget which) will be infertile
I see, so how would it be successful? I know how bengal was created but im kinda confused with regards to scorpion

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Any examples of naturally occurring hybrid scorpions?

Mila

Arachnoknight
I see, so how would it be successful? I know how bengal was created but im kinda confused with regards to scorpion
The same way that bengals were made will work for scorpions. You just need to look at the scorpion family tree and not pick 2 species that are evolutionary divided

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
The same way that bengals were made will work for scorpions. You just need to look at the scorpion family tree and not pick 2 species that are evolutionary divided
I see, so that means adding another scorpion the pool

Mila

Arachnoknight
You have to breed the f1's back to the mothers species. Adding the male original species back will just produce more infertile babies and basically reset your progress

Mila

Arachnoknight
You'll always end up with something looking more like the original species. That's why designer cats still look like domestic cats and not big cats

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
You have to breed the f1's back to the mothers species. Adding the male original species back will just produce more infertile babies and basically reset your progress
What do you mean by this? Sorry i wasn't to grasp what you mean, so the f1 should be breed to their parents or their original sp? I think that would remove the hybridisation, dont you think? Or i just understand it wrong

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
The best way to do it avoiding inbreeding is to have as many different breeding groups as possible, about 20 will do, so you need 20 of each gender.
Now follow these rules:
Never change pairings
Never mate descendants
All your f1 males or females (I forget which) will be infertile
20 male and 20 female? How would I know if their brood will be fertile?