hybrid pic

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=6346&postid=2496#post2496

i heard a lot of people don't like hybrid and most people thinks that hybrids are ugly. I used to agree to people that hates hybrid but after i saw this pic i had a change of heart. now i kinda like hybrids, im going to start a hybrid project for my own personal use. I'm going to combine M. mesomela and M. robustum :) ...when i have enough money to buy them

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now you have to know how much of a ruckus this is gonna cause...but personally I dont see anything wrong with it, and theres nothing anyone can do about it if you wanna start your own hybrid project! So ignore all the negative things you are gonna hear and do what you wanna do!

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First, it is not known whether that pic is a hybrid or not.

second, Rejoice in Decay.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
First, it is not known whether that pic is a hybrid or not.

second, Rejoice in Decay.
haha, got any flame-retardant handy?! {D most people abhor hybrids, even more so when people say they want to make hybrids. all i can say is that you better keep good tabs on it and never, EVER give any away or sell any. all we need in this hobby is another avicularia messup...

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well if that t is a hybrid im definetly going to change all my perspective about hybrid.

also i was just wondering what if someone here in the US hybridized some anopelma sp. and release it in the wild where they can survive and multiply, then some researcher found it and thought that its a new rare sp. lol
I'm just basing this idea to the B. burgamtini, what if its really a hybrid and someone did what i just said so they can to be famous or get a lot of money but I'm sure B. burgamtini is a legit T.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have hybrids. But they will never be sold. Not to anyone. Not ever and not for any price. This test is not about making money. I am doing it purely to see if the second generation can reproduce, and what sort of effects occur if any in the second generation like mutations and deformities as well as color patterns, if I get that far. Even what I am seeing in this generation is really interesting. But that is where this ends. That is it. I am doing it to study.
And no I am not a scientist so this study really truly is just for me.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
I have hybrids. But they will never be sold. Not to anyone. Not ever and not for any price. This test is not about making money.
there ya go. if you have to do it, never give any away or sell any. good job :clap:

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha, got any flame-retardant handy?! {D most people abhor hybrids, even more so when people say they want to make hybrids. all i can say is that you better keep good tabs on it and never, EVER give any away or sell any. all we need in this hobby is another avicularia messup...
hehehe what i plan is, once i produce a very beautiful hybrid i will only keep 10-15 slings (kill the rest) and after a few year i will announce them in the hobby as hybrid sp. when they are fully grown so that the people can see their beauty and i will not tell anyone their combination so one can copy me. maybe a lot of pokemon collectors will pay big money for my hybrid to add it on their collection lol.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I did not have to do it......

But one thing I will say is a majority of them had a serious weakness for an unknown reason and died within the first few weeks after molting into 2nd instar. Out of the whole sac I have ten remaining that I am trying to keep alive, and they have made it a few months and are starting to eat better and molt.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I did not have to do it......

But one thing I will say is a majority of them had a serious weakness for an unknown reason and died within the first few weeks after molting into 2nd instar. Out of the whole sac I have ten remaining that I am trying to keep alive, and they have made it a few months and are starting to eat better and molt.
wow is that really how fragile they are, that's so interesting. i dought that i can keep a hybrid since im having trouble keeping all my arboreal ts alive. anyways once they start having some adult coloration can you post them here in AB. my eyes are really hungry to see some more hybrid Ts. also have you seen this B. vagan with two abdomen? i saw it in a russian website

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hehehe what i plan is, once i produce a very beautiful hybrid i will only keep 10-15 slings (kill the rest) and after a few year i will announce them in the hobby as hybrid sp. when they are fully grown so that the people can see their beauty and i will not tell anyone their combination so one can copy me. maybe a lot of pokemon collectors will pay big money for my hybrid to add it on their collection lol.
See your reply above is the sole reason people shutter when the word hybrid is brought up. You would be really irresponsible trying to do what you stated.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh my! Oh my!......................Oh my! :wall: :embarrassed: Oh BTW my Oh my's are in regard to the fact that this thread is going nowhere good! Not particularly to the practice of hybridization.

note: I was forced on the threat of decapitaton to edit my post and be more specific.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
anyways once they start having some adult coloration can you post them here in AB.
If I don't get batter rammed over and over publicly for my decision, then yes I might be willing to post some pics in the future and make more of my findings public.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
See your reply above is the sole reason people shutter when the word hybrid is brought up. You would be really irresponsible trying to do what you stated.
i did not say i will sell them i just want to see if people will pay top dollars for hybrids :rolleyes: also i want the people to see that hybrids are also beautiful ts since a hybrid is a combination of two beautiful ts

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i did not say i will sell them i just want to see if people will pay top dollars for hybrids :rolleyes: also i want the people to see that hybrids are also beautiful ts since a hybrid is a combination of two beautiful ts
I still think that if the word MONEY comes up with any part of your reason do to this is WRONG. I am just doing my own small study. I have no other motives. You seem to have all the wrong motivations.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A lot people have vagans/albopilosum crosses.... they're more prevalent then you'd think. And some of the offspring from them may be the parents of our hobby "angustum" and other things.

At this point, there's really no way to tell exactly what your working with unless you really know the origins of your "red rump".

Anyone selling "true" vagans/ angustum / sabulosum would have a hard time backing it up.

Eric

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
vagans/albopilosum
And this is what I bred. I was not interested in testing with an expensive species, or a colorful known to be pure species. I am not trying to dilute any genus in any way. I just hope that is clear.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I still think that if the word MONEY comes up with any part of your reason do to this is WRONG. I am just doing my own small study. I have no other motives. You seem to have all the wrong motivations.
no i just want the hybrid to be appreciated by people. i seen some tread where people talk a lot of negative thing about hybrids and i just realised now that hybrids ts are just the same as regular ts. they wont destroy the hobby, the irresponsible people that mislabel stuff will. my main goal on hybrid is to produce a one of a kind rainbow t and not making money.

also i have a question about the fragility of hybrid, some hybrids of other animal are stronger,one example is the mule. I even heard of a chicken x eagle that some stupid people use for cock fighting. anyways how come when it comes to the hybridation of ts, instead of becoming strong the slings are weaker.

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ryan,
the fact of the matter is that you said you have done this yourself right??..If your so against it for whatever purpose than you should not have done it yourself(for whatever purpose). It doesnt matter why you or Ryodan are doing it..bottom line is your doing it! If you hate it so much than dont do it for any reason! If im against smoking and people who do it, would it make since for me to smoke?? for my own study?