Huntsman where are they?

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What happened to all the different Huntsman sp. we use to be able to buy?? It seems they are hard to come by minus a few types. I miss the orange huntsman I use to have dang it!:cry:

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're right, I have not noticed them like I used to... but it only just comes to mind! The big orange ones were pretty awesome, wish I could get my hands on one now lol.. but Ken @ kenthebugguy has huntsmen from time to time I see

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
not sure but i think most of the heteropoda sp. might have been listed by CITES. I always pray someone would have them at shows or have them for sale online but so far no luck. They have been on my wishlist for a long time, about 3 years :cry:.

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really stinks! When I got in the hobby 4.5 years ago they were stocked by all dealers. Now nothing but a few seen time to time. I wish we would have bred more to keep them around. I would be interested to hear from a dealer as to why they are not around anymore??

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've hatched out some huntsman slings here but problem with them is raising them to adults is very difficult!Also most people don't bother taking the time to breed them when they are available either.At least people in the USA don't hehe!
-Chris

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
alot of these huntsmans came from malaysia,and have you noticed there haven't been any malaysian imports in recently,last year this importer where i am was getting them almost on a daily basis(centipedes also)but that was it,i never asked or looked into it, so i'm not sure. but now i wouldn't mind getting more of the different kinds that were around....

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've hatched out some huntsman slings here but problem with them is raising them to adults is very difficult!Also most people don't bother taking the time to breed them when they are available either.At least people in the USA don't hehe!
-Chris
That's it exactly. People take imports for granted and not enought people breed what they get.

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's it exactly. People take imports for granted and not enought people breed what they get.
This is very true. It is up to us the hobbyist to make sure that we breed exotic/rare inverts when we have the chance.