Hunting for vaejovis carolinianus?

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I live in Kentucky, where our only species of native scorpion is vaejovis carolinianus. I've never seen any though. I've talked to people who have seen them, even my grandfather has found them while hunting. I however have never been lucky enough. I'm curious if anyone else has sought out this species, and possibly been lucky? Any tips as to where to look? It's one of the species I really want since its native to my home.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Best place to look for these guys is in a pine forest; under down trees or by peeling the bark off of dead trees. I have caught some before, not in KY however. From what I have heard, they are very prevalent wherever they are found. Meaning, if you find one, there are bound to be many more around.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best place to look for these guys is in a pine forest; under down trees or by peeling the bark off of dead trees. I have caught some before, not in KY however. From what I have heard, they are very prevalent wherever they are found. Meaning, if you find one, there are bound to be many more around.
Thanks for the info! Just gotta find a nearby pine forest....

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I found one in Georgia that started my passion for scorpions. I heard about them in KY, I that's where I live as well. I have been looking for them for a long time but I have had no luck. No one has ever mentioned them to me though, I heard from the internet.