huntin' fer scorps

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Last night was my fifth expedition out of town to look for scorps. The first four were totally unsuccessful and very disappointing. Last night though I made my first catches: two vaejovids. They look like spinigerus but with the coloration of waeringi. I would guess that they're waeringi except that waeringi don't live here. The smaller of the two is slightly over an inch, and the larger is about an inch and a quarter. We also had run-ins with a rattlesnake, a centipede, and about 20 millipedes. All in all, a very eventful night.

-Olan

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sounds like you had fun, did you catch the centipede and millipedes too? what type were the pedes?
Ed

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We didn't have anything big enough to catch the centipede in (a Scolopendra species) but we caught 8 of the millipedes. I don't know what kind they are- they are 4 to 6 inches long and are reddish brown.

-Olan

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hunting for arachnopets sounds fun. I live in a place where its hard to find arachnids in pet stores, so I would never be able to do anything like that.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Olan,

Check out the two pics of mine that Chad posted on his site here:

http://www.geocities.com/redhourglass/photo.html

They are the live pics titled Vaejovis coahuilae and Paruroctonus gracilor....I found both of those in the Carlsbad area...you may have found these...though there are several other species in NM.

John
];')