Humminbird eggs!!!! :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
I got a text from one of my friends the other day and thought I would share this with you all. He found a nest of hummingbird eggs. See for yourself:
(He gave me permission to share the images below)
Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-10-31-01.jpeg Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-10-37.png

Leila

Arachnobaron
Oh, and photo credits go to Amanda Bloxom. She has some other amazing shots online. :)

schmiggle

Arachnoking
That nest can't be that much bigger than my thumbnail, if the eggs are the size of tic tacs

Leila

Arachnobaron
Totally just realized I made a typo in the thread title. Lol. Ooopsie!

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Wait..... is that actually true?
http://www.worldofhummingbirds.com/nest.php

Female hummingbirds will need nesting material to make her nest. She likes to use nice soft material like moss and lichen. She also likes to use cotton fluffs, bits of willows, soft plant pieces, dryer lint, and leaf hairs. She will bring these items back to her nest a little at a time, gluing it all together with spider webs. The spider webs make terrific glue for the nest, allowing the nest to stretch and be flexible as the baby hummingbirds grow. The spider webs also make it easier for the mother hummingbird to repair the nest when damaged or when kids do what kids do. While building the nest, the female hummingbird will try to camouflage it as much as possible by using small sticks, seeds, and plant pieces to shade the outside of the nest. She will make sure the lighter parts of the nest are in the sun, while the darker parts of the nest are in the shade, blending it in with the surroundings.

Leila

Arachnobaron
That is pretty cool information. Never knew they did that.
@Leila did your friend happen to see any hummingbirds around that area? I'd love to see photos of them too!
I think the girl who took the photo I posted might have some other photos of hummingbirds on her web page (if I recall correctly.) Amanda Bloxom is her name, and she is a lovely photographer. Josh is my buddy who sent that text in the above screenshot, but Amanda gave him the 'ok' for me to post her photo on this forum. Check her out. :)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I think the girl who took the photo I posted might have some other photos of hummingbirds on her web page (if I recall correctly.) Amanda Bloxom is her name, and she is a lovely photographer. Josh is my buddy who sent that text in the above screenshot, but Amanda gave him the 'ok' for me to post her photo on this forum. Check her out. :)
I definitely will. Hummingbirds are quite a challenge to photograph so they are at the top of my list as far as birds go :)