Humidity in sling enclosures

Kaden Bryant

Arachnosquire
I am still having trouble with figuring out how wet the substrate needs to be for slings. I have researched so much but I can't tell if I have it right. The slings come Thursday so I'm doing a last minute check. I just need comments on whether I have it too wet, not wet enough, or if I have it right. I know it doesn't really matter but the species are Aphonopelma chalcodes and Grammostola pulchripes.

Attachments

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Your enclosure look just like the sling enclosures i have for my B. Hamorii and A. Geniculata slings. I have dry sub, wet about 1/4 of it let it dry and repeat.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
They're the green monopoly houses
I just started using some of the monopoly hotels, but my slings are around 1" that have the hotels. Your houses look different than mine, but it's probably lighting. That's why I wasn't sure what they were.

Kaden Bryant

Arachnosquire
I just started using some of the monopoly hotels, but my slings are around 1" that have the hotels. Your houses look different than mine, but it's probably lighting. That's why I wasn't sure what they were.
I have a weird version of monopoly so the houses are glass.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I am still having trouble with figuring out how wet the substrate needs to be for slings. I have researched so much but I can't tell if I have it right. The slings come Thursday so I'm doing a last minute check. I just need comments on whether I have it too wet, not wet enough, or if I have it right. I know it doesn't really matter but the species are Aphonopelma chalcodes and Grammostola pulchripes.
Both species like it arid but as slings they benefit from very slightly moist sub like you have.. I wouldn't wet the sub any more than that though.. By the time they are 3/4 to 1 inch keep them dry with a water dish..