human bottfly

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here in the UK we've recently had a very interesting TV series on the BBC looking at parasites. They included almost a whole show on a woman with a massive grub under her scalp, picked up on holiday in Africa. The treatment was simply to block it's breathing hole and suffocate it out over 24 hours. The removed grub was about the size of an adult's thumb. Possibly the grossest thing I have seen on early evening TV. They covered tape worms, the above mentioned catfish, nematodes, lice and some things which I've since had to block out to prevent permement psychological trauma.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there was a story i heard that is in the jewish torah about a very powerful general who was killed before he was able to succeed but he wasn't killed by people later on they used his body for like studying or something and found a huge mosquito in his head eating his brains.

mike

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Longbord1 said:
there was a story i heard that is in the jewish torah about a very powerful general who was killed before he was able to succeed but he wasn't killed by people later on they used his body for like studying or something and found a huge mosquito in his head eating his brains.

mike
Mike,

I know of no such story. Can you please be more specific?

Thanks,
Debby

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well it may not be in the torah btu my rabbi/teacher told us a stoyry about it. if orget when it ahppened.it was either with a eersian general or some other general.

mike