Huge Mistake

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
When I was feeding my large Pumpkin Patch tarantula something bad happened. The small enclosure that it was in tipped over and the spider went running. The tarantula fell off my dresser and onto the floor. It was still moving yesterday but today its movement is very slow and almost unresponsive. Is my tarantula going to die? I feel horrible about this. :unhappy:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I am so sorry. You're only human, you didn't do it on purpose, and you cannot prevent all accidents. Some people prefer to work on floor/lower surfaces when doing feedings/maintenance because it reduces the height for accidental falls. It does sound like your tarantula may be mortally wounded. :(
Learn from this, forgive yourself, and don't let it ruin whole hobby for you. It's regrettable but don't beat yourself up -- you didn't do it on purpose.
You'll have to watch your T and decide if he has a chance of survival, or if something ruptured and he may need euthanasia. Do you see anything leaking? Does abdomen look weirdly shaped or are any tears visible?

Oroborus

Arachnosquire
That's so unfortunate. I had a similar experience when I first got my female B. smithi. I was rehousing her and she decided to crawl on to my hand. I moved her towards her new enclosure and she jumped off my hand, falling about a meter, and ran fot it. Fortunately she suffered no ill effects but I certainly learned my lesson that day! Moves are done at ground level since then. Hope you hang in there☺