Howdy, new here.

KingSlevin

Arachnopeon
My apologies if this post is not in the exact spot. I have recently got a scorpion as a gift. I am trying to sex it, I was told it is an Asain giant forest scorpion. I have uploaded the best shot I could get of the fins? Pardon my ignorance. If you need more just ask

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My apologies if this post is not in the exact spot. I have recently got a scorpion as a gift. I am trying to sex it, I was told it is an Asain giant forest scorpion. I have uploaded the best shot I could get of the fins? Pardon my ignorance. If you need more just ask
Never mind the sex of the Scorpion for now, it needs a rehousing immediately. Heterometrus spp. are humid environment Scorpions, not desert/arid. You need to remove that sand substrate and replace it with several inches of moist coco fiber or top soil for burrowing and humidity retention.

KingSlevin

Arachnopeon
The photo was taken in it's old habitat before I got it to my place, I have about 5 inchs of potting soil in it's tank

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I say male also, but not sure if the pectines are long or if I'm seeing a reflection on the glass.

I copied and pasted this pic from a previous thread.

SexingEmperorScorpions.jpg