How to tell difference between A.gigas and Mardonius parilis

Scotgirl7870

Arachnopeon
Hi all, as the title says, I'm trying to find out what the visual differences are between A. gigas and Mardonius parilis as atm I haven't got a clue. Tia

mickiem

Arachnoprince
The Mardonius are solid black while the A. gigas have mahogany bands.

fruitjuicepulpfiction

Arachnopeon
Actually in a certain light even Mardonius looks to have little brown stripes in the middle of their sections. But yeah, A. gigas usually is a lot more brown where mardonius just looks matte black in normal light. A.Gigas usually grows larger than mardonius too. Alot of it is the difference of their color though, when you google pictures (seen both live so can confirm) A. gigas is clearly brown. Both can have different colored legs, Mardonius can have flame red ones too. Not to be confused with flameleg pedes though...

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
@fruitjuicepulpfiction
Would you say A.gigas is more of a glossy black where Mardonius is more of the matte black?
I think I have 2 A.gigas, but one is less shiny and darker (also younger).

fruitjuicepulpfiction

Arachnopeon
@fruitjuicepulpfiction
Would you say A.gigas is more of a glossy black where Mardonius is more of the matte black?
I think I have 2 A.gigas, but one is less shiny and darker (also younger).
I'm really a beginner when it comes to this, but from having seen A. gigas and owning a Mardonius, I definitely would say Mardonius appears super matte when A. Gigas appears a shinier dark brown! Someone who is professional in this could probably help you better though, I'm just speaking from experience :)