1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How to stop getting alerts from posts that aren't mine???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by JamesGSixx, Jan 15, 2019.

1. JamesGSixx

JamesGSixx Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    So i have 100+ alerts from the threads (molts) and (not molts). I haven't commented or liked anything. it keeps popping up and burying alerts from posts that i'm actaully in. Anyone?

2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

You can manually unsubscribe from threads, galleries, or images. Browsing Preferences can help you manage automatic subscriptions.

Additionally, check your Alert Preferences to adjust when you receive alerts.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. JamesGSixx

JamesGSixx Arachnopeon

Thanks, Ungoliant. Hopefully this works

4. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

This has been an issue that I've been pondering over as well. I looked over the options, but can't decide which I should click to exclude the sexing photos and queries.

I have nothing against those threads, but I'm not really able to help, so there is not much use is scrolling down hem to see if there is anything that might be of interest.

Would unchecking "Automatically watch categories that you add media to..." help? Would doing so eliminate me getting alerts from threads I may have posted a picture in and would be interested in seeing when somebody might have commented on the picture. That's not really the result I am looking for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

That's probably how it happened, but you may still need to manually unsubscribe from those galleries.

I have that option unchecked, and I still get alerts when people comment on my photos or when people @ me in photos. However, you wouldn't see comments in other people's photos unless someone either mentioned you, quoted you, or you manually subscribed to that photo.