How To: Natural Spider Enclosure

BurrowDweller

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the quick reply! This is a really cool how to thrread. Going to have to make a few of these for some of my larger arboreals.

I can't believe Lowes won't give out carpet tubes anymore, I use to get a ton of them from them (for other projects). Might have to go see if the local one will still do it or not.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe my local Lowes guy was being a palphead. He told me they save them for customers buying vinyl flooring and need a tube to put it on. When I went to the carpet place and saw that they had a surplus. He probably would have given it for free.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe my local Lowes guy was being a palphead. He told me they save them for customers buying vinyl flooring and need a tube to put it on. When I went to the carpet place and saw that they had a surplus. He probably would have given it for free.

LOL!! palphead... thats great:clap:

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Here is the marble-ish base with water dish.

fill water dish and sit log on the base. The false bottom is just high enough so the water dish is flush with the false bottom.

Here is a small collection of log enclosures. Only the smaller ones have tenants. My large log that houses my Avic pair is empty. My Ex has custody and I only get them on weekends. Actually I haven't decided on which female gets the home. BTW. The color I choose for the inside determines the sex. I use this color for females and a brighter yellow for males. It's just a quick way of knowing who's who.

Here is a display table. You will see when I start posting more pics that I combine my T displays with my artwork. Yea, shamless...I know. I hope you like this enclosure idea. Judging by the lean number of responses, I know this isn't for everyone. But I hope with my next enclosure thread I can entice you terrestrial owners on trying this log idea. Questions...?

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you get your bark from trees in your yard, it will look like you have a pet bear. So use your imagination. Make your bark. If you missed it earlier, I mentioned I was making a poci tree to house all the poci's. I started searching for native trees that they would live in, in the wild. I was going to copy it for the poci tree. That proved more difficult than I had hoped. I found general info about habitat, but not specific tree species. I used plaster and chose the "bullshi" tree....from India.