1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make enclosure out of old CD cases

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by petkokc, Aug 30, 2015.

1. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Advertisement
    Pics of that would be nice. I'll hit you up back on this thread in a couple of weeks then.

2. TomKemp

TomKemp Arachnosquire

I'll grab before and after pics for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rally

rally Arachnosquire

You guys still have CDs?!

4. viper69

When one has a lot of music on CDs, what would you suggest?

5. MantidMaster

MantidMaster Arachnosquire

6. ratluvr76

ratluvr76 Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for making me feel old.. o_O lol!!

wonder how you'd make out with an 8 track cassette.. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

I gave it a try. Big Lots sells CD cases. 25 for $5. That's 4 enclosures for $5 using the method from the OP. I changed mine up a bit and can make 5. Here are pictures of mine. This is the first one I made. It's a little rough. The next ones should be better. I'll clean it up and get it ready to house 2 of my darlingi and p murinus in these.

IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0792.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

You should seen my first attempt xD
    Don't forget to seal the bottom holes with hot glue or else you will always have parts of substrate on your shelf :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Yeah, I'll seal that up later. I'm going to cut the hole in the top a bit bigger. I am also going to put hooks and rubber bands to keep the lid closed. Just as a safety precaution. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Here it is. Opened the hole up bigger on top. Put some bands on it to keep it closed. A fake tree. A water dish. (Which I glued to the side. Just in case whatever T I put in here burrows below it.) I am going to add a bark hide to it too. Not to bad of an enclosure. I'll make the other 4 and all three of my C. darlingi and P. murinus will go in one. As soon as they are big enough. This one is for the P. muticus.

IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. viper69

That water dish looks familiar hahah

12. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Hey, I know good advice when I see it! Those are perfect. Cheap, too. I can dremel them in half so they are not as deep for smaller slings.

13. Chris WT

Chris WT Arachnopeon

14. Kaiju Dude

Kaiju Dude Arachnopeon

Arizona
    Can this be used as arboreal as well or does this only suit for terrestrial Ts?

15. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

I keep both inside, for terrestrials I add more substrate and for arboreals I add more stuff to climb

• Like Like x 1