How to make enclosure out of old CD cases

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I made a quick video to show where you cut the bottom, sides and top. The sides snap together, Glue on the base, glue the sides and glue
on the top. Hope this helps a little.

[video]https://youtu.be/TutA550jQCE[/video]
Tom, in your video, do the side panels have the thick blue portion removed too, like the bottom, or only remove the blue pieces covered in ink?

Here is the cutting video: https://youtu.be/gPtiAH3Gao0

Good job Tom, looks good. I'm glad to see you managed to build it :D
If someone else also makes an enclosure, please post a picture ^^
Thanks a lot, great idea!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I made a quick video to show where you cut the bottom, sides and top. The sides snap together, Glue on the base, glue the sides and glue

[video]https://youtu.be/TutA550jQCE[/video]
Nice music uploads man, btw.

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
Cool thanks. ChrisLXXIX
And yes, everything blue is to be cut off. viper69

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool thanks. ChrisLXXIX
And yes, everything blue is to be cut off. viper69
Thanks! I wasn't sure if the thick blue region had to be cut off for all pieces or not, just the bottom piece. thanks!

inserirnome

Arachnopeon
I came up with these.

CD cases enclosures really are awesome, but don't use them to house crickets. I didnt fill the holes well enough and they kept escaping everynight... It was quite troublesome.

petkokc

Arachnosquire
Yeah they are, I see that your design is a bit different then mine ^^

Glitter

Arachnopeon
Very cool! I'm going to try this as soon as I can get all the supplies XD

petkokc

Arachnosquire
Hmm, since forum was changed link in my first post doesn't work anymore. How can I edit it? O:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Hmm, since forum was changed link in my first post doesn't work anymore. How can I edit it? O:
PM the admins or go to the first, original post, click Report Post and in the box that opens, state what you need. This thread should definitely be kept burning. Great stuff.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Hey @TomKemp , would you upload this video again please?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Amazing!
I wish I didn't throw away the thousands of cd cases I had ten years ago. :banghead:

petkokc

Arachnosquire
I have been keeping tarantulas in them for over a year and so far non managed to open it. But when you are picking the case for top you need to pick the one that locks tightly. Some can be really loose.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd love to but can't at the moment. Moving into a new place and my computer is in a box somewhere, lol.
Oh man, no problem. I'll keep bugging you to remind you! Good luck w/the move, I hate moving.

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
Everything should be back to normal in a couple of weeks. My new T room should be pretty cool when it's all said and done.