How to keep a house spider?

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
View attachment 319559

Blimey! Where do you keep them all?!

Got out my macro lens and got a couple of shots of her.

I am very pleased to say that a large male came scurrying across my floor and I was able to catch it and let it go outside! This might not sound like a lot, but that’s a huge achievement for me. I no longer have to be frightened of being in the house on my own! Thank you all so much for your advice and support so far!
There all over my house lol I’ve got a cupboard with slings In it and some juveniles in my room and bigger ones in my living room. That’s nothing there are people on here with well into the hundreds of Ts in there possession. Oh well done you, it certainly wouldn’t be me lol the way house spiders move freak me out id handle a 10” blondi over MM E Atrica any day lol

Scribbler26

Arachnopeon
Wow! That’s quite a commitment! I am quite tempted to get a T at the moment. Is there anywhere in the UK where you can go and see them?

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Wow! That’s quite a commitment! I am quite tempted to get a T at the moment. Is there anywhere in the UK where you can go and see them?
There are some specific pet shops sell them, but you are best buying online just get a slow growing sling Like aphonopelma or brachypelma by the time it starts to get big you will be a pro lol or if you can find one an H Chilensis they are supposedly super chilled and don’t get huge

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
I’m a recovering arachnophobe too.

I went to an Invertebrate Show to see if I’d be alright getting close to a real live T. The plan was to get one there and then if I was OK with it.

I was fine, but they didn’t have the species in the size I wanted so I came away with nothing, but was annoyed with myself all the way home for not getting cork bark tubes and substrate ‘cos they were way cheaper than online.

Find out if there’s one near you. The spider shop Uk might have a list of dates on their site. Edit: there’s one in Bedford on Sunday 15th sept.

Last edited:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Last edited: