How to help my T.blondi sling

raser838

Arachnopeon
I saw my T.blondi sling lying upside down 24 hours ago.
After i noticed that spider is molting, i have decided to higher the humidity level in the enclosure.
The only thing changed, is the position of the spider. Now it is lying, as it is shown on the photos that i have attached below.
The spider still raects on the brush, and is trying to move.
(just checked if it`s not dead)
Sorry for my bad english,and please leave the instructions how can i save my pet.

photos:
http://dropmefiles.com/6Aopl

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The only thing I can say is that probably you disturbed (without wanting that) the molting process of the spider. Obviously touching him/her again with a paintbrush should be a 'no', now, definitely. Don't risk that.

The whole substrate looks moist even enough, so don't add anymore water. Just leave the spider alone, for now... and see if the spider will try to molt again.

Orionoid

Arachnopeon
Increased humidity isn't necessary for molting. It's more important they have enough to drink. I agree with chris that you should leave them be for a while now and see if they try molting again.

raser838

Arachnopeon
For what time should i leave it?
Is there a necessity to put it on a wet tissue later?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
For what time should i leave it?
There isn't a 'how much', nor no one can calculate/quantify something like that. The time needed by the spider.

Is there a necessity to put it on a wet tissue later?
Definitely not. For what?

I tell you what happened (based upon what you said, of course) for me. Two things:

1) You disturbed (without wanting that) the spider while he/she was molting.

2) Nothing of the above, but something else happened, something that 'triggered' the spider into stopping his/her molt.

So what I would do, being you, is... nothing. Just a waiting game.

Btw post a couple of more pics, if you can, of the entire set up/enclosure. This always help.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
What do you thinka wet paper towel will do for your tarantula i am very curious?

Last edited by a moderator:

raser838

Arachnopeon
what do you thinka wet paper towel will do for your tarantula i am very curious?
What if i was thinking that tarantula simply can`t molt normally in case of dehydration?

Please explain me then, what the same tissue/wadding is doing here?

Last edited by a moderator:

lovinonmybell

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure where my post went but please check out "the tarantula community" on Facebook, these people are more then willing to help with any questions you might have, and more importantly their poliet and I've actually become good friends with a few of them... No qurstion is a dumb question... Please message me if you have any questions :)

cold blood

Staff member
What if i was thinking that tarantula simply can`t molt normally in case of dehydration?
The moisture the t needs for molting, generally comes from within the spider...which is why its normal for them to take long drinks prior to doing so.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron

Please explain me then, what the same tissue/wadding is doing here?
Your substrate is so wet i could take a straw and suck water through it. The pictures you posted of your t.blondi look like a wet dog. You have plenty of moisture inside of enclosure already.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I'm not sure where my post went but please check out "the tarantula community" on Facebook, these people are more then willing to help with any questions you might have, and more importantly their poliet and I've actually become good friends with a few of them... No qurstion is a dumb question... Please message me if you have any questions :)
Great place. I'm there too. I'm not nice? ;)

ICUs are bad. Period. Everything they do can be accomplished safer through other means. That video is old, and Rob isn't the best informed sometimes.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/theraphosa-care-and-info.303033/

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I saw my T.blondi sling lying upside down 24 hours ago.
After i noticed that spider is molting, i have decided to higher the humidity level in the enclosure.
The only thing changed, is the position of the spider. Now it is lying, as it is shown on the photos that i have attached below.
The spider still raects on the brush, and is trying to move.
(just checked if it`s not dead)
Sorry for my bad english,and please leave the instructions how can i save my pet.

photos:
http://dropmefiles.com/6Aopl
Too much moisture can be just as detrimental as not enough, especially when your lacking ventilation.

Let the sub dry out a bit, and share some pics of your whole enclosure. Overly moist stuffy enclosures kill more theraphosa then anything else.