1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to have Tarantula in Philippines!!!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by rcauinian, Oct 14, 2005.

1. rcauinian

rcauinian Arachnopeon

Can someone help me with my problem regarding acquiring a tarantula here in the Philippines. Most internet sites that I visited only ships on US or UK only. With this I came out with this solution but I don’t know if this will work. First I will make an order then send it to my relalives in California then they will ship it to me here in the Philippines. But I don’t know how many days a Tarantula can stay in its packed container, if it can suvive 6 days in it’s container then there is a possibility that it will arrive in here alive. Second is it illegal to ship a Tarantula because I don’t want my folks to get into trouble.

Right now I have a contact here in the Philippines and selling me a P.albopilosum ( Curly Hari) a sling which is about 1cm each for 18 dollars which I think is way too over price. I try to know how he gets those tarantula and said just suft the web.

Do you have any suggestions or ways how can I acquire some of this magnificent Tarantula. Your inputs are highly appreciated.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  2. mebebraz

mebebraz Arachnobaron Old Timer

Might make it if its packed well enough and well fed. Global Express might get it there quicker, but might be way more than you want to pay. Pretty sure your parents could get into trouble too if the right import/export papers arent filled out if you want to go that route.... ;)
  3. Captante

Captante Arachnoknight Old Timer

There also the option of catching your own since you do have a few native T's in the
    Philippines, I actually have an S. Peerboomi which is beautiful when I see it... its sort of a "pet hole"! :rolleyes:
  4. fscorpion

fscorpion Arachnobaron Old Timer

My advice would be go and order it directly! Find some breeder who is willing to ship outside the USA, ask at your post how long parcels travel, if it is from 7-10 days it will be ok...make the parcel small so customs won't check it...that is how I do it because I don't have sellers/breeders in my country and I can't catch my own...
  5. rcauinian

rcauinian Arachnopeon

Thanks for the advice. May I know who your seller/breeder contact or email address so that I can get in touch with him. Or maybe you can recommend someone that I can email with.

BGBYTOY Arachnosquire Old Timer

Give a holller to Wolfpack, He lives in the Phillipines and has Tarantulas..
  7. wolfpak

wolfpak Arachnobaron Old Timer

hey BGBYTOY, whats up :) well, i don't have any Ts for sale now. just sold all my surplus Ts to someone here in the Phillippines. search this http://www.philippinepetfinders.com there's a lot of people selling all sorts of animals there. you'll probably find some there. goodluck and caution, this hobby is addictive. :D
  8. crazyoranges

crazyoranges Arachnopeon

hey the website doesn't work.. by the way, do you happen to know where i could buy pinhead crickets for my smithi? thanks!
  9. nhojz

nhojz Arachnosquire

there are many suppliers of tarantulas in the philippines which their t's are from us and uk

try this link... forum for exotic animals

for the price of the curly hair, i would say it would be reasonable... if you'll order a curly hair sling 1cm in us or uk, they might give you much lower price but they do have minimum price to purchased and you'll be the one to shoulder freight and one more expenses is wire transfer... those who are selling t's here in ur country are getting t's from other countries by large quantities to save money...
  10. xenesthis

xenesthis Arachnobaron Old Timer

Export from USA to the Philippines

For an Export from USA to the Philippines of tarantula spiders and other invertebrates, email for info at: sales@tarantulaspiders.com

11. tarsier

tarsier Arachnodemon

$18 may seem expensive but you have to factor in the cost of shipping, of wiring the money (Western Union, PayPal or what have you), etc.

I got most of my scorps and Ts locally: from demonick and robbie_marcelo. pm them. You pay a little more to avoid the hassle of worrying about shipping, Customs, etc. but its worth avoiding the aggravation if you really think about it.
  12. spinnekop

spinnekop Arachnosquire Old Timer

rcauinian, out of own experience, shipping slings from Europe to the Phillipines by normal mail takes about 10 to 14days and causes no harm for the spiders.
    If you want, I can ship slings to you. (no, I am not a salesmen, I just collect and keep spiders as a hobby and I don't want to make money out of this.)
    In case you don't want to take the risk if I send slings by postmail, next year I will visit my parents in-law in the Philippines. I can take some T's with me for you if you want. I did it for my Brother inlaw in the past and I never had any trouble at the customs.
    It would be great if I could exchange T's for Philippine native spider species.
    Let me know.....
  13. spinnekop, very interesting..what ts could you bring??
    rcauinian, www.philippinepetfinder.com really is a great sight to visit if you are interested in buying ts in the philippines.
  14. spinnekop

Hi maarrrrr, theoretically I can buy in Europe any T you want and take it with me to the Philippines. Ofcourse, preferable only slings.
    At the moment I have a lot of T. blondi slings which I am raising to start up a breeding project. I can always take some with me (although by next year they might be big already).
    With a bit of luck I might also have offspring of my P. rufilata by then.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  15. nhojz

nhojz Arachnosquire

woohhh... let me know if you'll be coming in our country, so i could order some slings hehe...
  16. spinnekop

My next trip to Manila is scheduled for Sep 2007. I promise to keep you informed. If you can't wait that long, I can always send slings by mail posted as "letter". It should arrive nicely (if the "letter" doesn't get lost at the Phil. postoffices - which sometimes happen).
    email me... geertv2002@yahoo.com
  17. nhojz

nhojz Arachnosquire

can you send me a t. blondi sling? how will the payment be? can you send a free one?hehehe still low in budget hehehe pm me
  18. spinnekop

Hi nhojz, check your 'private' messages :)
  19. naturaldraw

naturaldraw Arachnopeon

hi, do you currently happen to have any T's for sale? i'm new into this hobby and wanted something that is apt for newbies. pls pm me if you do. thanks. jayson
  20. naturaldraw

naturaldraw Arachnopeon

hi rcauinian,
    how are you? what's the update you your first T or T's? were you able to purchase from a local supplier or were you able to purchase from abroad? pls pm me if you were able to look for any local suppliers in the philippines. thanks. jayson