how to handle an egg sack

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
So..A while ago I asked about molting because my Eratigena atrica was acting strange. Turns out, she was acting so strange because she was pregnant! I woke up this morning to find a nice healthy egg sack and a pleased mother.

the problem is, I don't want baby spiders running around my house.

So what do you suggest I do?

the current possibilities i can think of are simply:
  1. detach the egg sack and destroy it
  2. detach the egg sack, release it outside and hope they dont die
  3. relocate egg sack and mother to a container babies cant escape from, and let mother raise them until they can be released and live on own
while I would love to do 3, I live with my parents still and my mother severely hates spiders, and I'm not sure if she'd allow me to actually keep them.

what do you suggest? is the baby spiders lives precious enough that I should fight to raise them or should i just toss it outside?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
This is the ultimate for most keepers, there are many Vlogs on youtube etc on timing of the eggsac being removed and transferred to an incubator, I'm sure for most sp. it is around 20 days for the sac to be removed, I'm not 100% so wait on an experienced keeper to answer any Q's you have, DON'T CHUCK THE SAC PLEASE! ! ! !

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
This is the ultimate for most keepers, there are many Vlogs on youtube etc on timing of the eggsac being removed and transferred to an incubator, I'm sure for most sp. it is around 20 days for the sac to be removed, I'm not 100% so wait on an experienced keeper to answer any Q's you have, DON'T CHUCK THE SAC PLEASE! ! ! !
Dummy me, I didn't look at the sp. duuuhhhh...........

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
What species?

Spiders don't get pregnant, by the way. She was gravid. :)

Is it attached to anything?

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
What species?

Spiders don't get pregnant, by the way. She was gravid. :)

Is it attached to anything?
The species is Eratigena atrica, as I said in the post. And it is attached to a fake plant I put in for her to crawl on but I could very easily remove it because of that. I'm just nor sure what to do with it once removed