How to get Dubia roach out of enclosure?

Eldritch Preacher

Arachnosquire
I tried feeding my juvenile A avic but she rejected the item and the baby Dubai escaped into her enclosure and hid. I believe my tarantula to be in premolt and am worried. She is webbed up in the top left of her large enclosure so I doubt it will go up there but I’m still worried about it. How do I find it to get it out or kill it?

cold blood

Staff member
1. Always crush heads of dubia prior to feeding...this prevents burrowing.

2. Typically, dubia arent a threat...although they can be, they generally arent.

3. Because avics molt both at elevated positions AND in a web tube, roaming feeders are pretty inconsequential....so i wouldnt even be concerned about the missing dubia.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Typical solid advice from @cold blood. If you are overly concerned, you can put food in to bait it out of hiding and try to catch it at night. Now, I need to figure out how to get a roach out that got under a false bottom o_O. Pretty sure it's just going to stay there and scavenge til it dies though.

Thanks,
--Matt

Eldritch Preacher

Arachnosquire
Thank you both for the replies, I feel better and it was a small one and plump so it won’t go for good desperately either. I just wouldn’t know what I’d do if she got hurt or died. If everything goes well I’ll post pics after the molt :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Question: How to get 'Dubai' roaches out of the enclosure?

Answer: Try with something 'Bling Bling', 'Swag', or (if you can) with a brand new Ferrari/Lambo car. In Dubai, you know... they love a luxury lifestyle :bored:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I had a tarantula live his entire life with me (until he matured and I shipped him off) with a miniature colony of rejected Dubia roaches :rofl: The dubia stayed far away from him.