How to create a newbie?

MS6582

Arachnopeon
Why send him here of course, duh! ;)

Seriously though have him sign up, read the STICKIES (note my signature) and learn from the debates that ensue :)

There's all kinds of links he could find going just to Google and hitting up Tarantula that his head will be swimming with questions I'm sure and using the search feature on these very forums can provide a wealth of knowledge in a short amount of time.

Have him lurk a bit so he gains some useful knowledge then start asking questions.. We don't bite; much :D

Grats on the potential newbie!
From a n00bs point of view...Those links in your sig helped me a ton, then once I knew a little more about what I wanted/didn't want and could ask some of the "right" questions, I made a thread. Went a totally different way lol but it got me to the right place, hopefully.

This is a great source but it can be overwhelming for sure, those links broke it down pretty well, hope they work for him too.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From a n00bs point of view...Those links in your sig helped me a ton, then once I knew a little more about what I wanted/didn't want and could ask some of the "right" questions, I made a thread. Went a totally different way lol but it got me to the right place, hopefully.

This is a great source but it can be overwhelming for sure, those links broke it down pretty well, hope they work for him too.

Thanks again!
LOL Most threads around these parts seem to get legs and end up where they shouldn't so don't worry there, it's a common thing :D

NP.. All credit goes to xhexdx (Joe) for those stickies and the contributors who's thread are linked therein. Such a great starting resource that's overlooked and glad it's helped you and your potential newbie out!

Cheers,

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We haven't been able to create a newbie yet, but are working on my little sister. She has gone gaga over mantids, so I am thinking it is just another small step to Ts. We inundate her with pictures of our most beautiful Ts, always answer any questions she has, laugh at her when she starts showing irrational fear(though I don't know if this would be advisable for a coworker....) and generally just all around educating her about them. She has been to this forum, but not really looked around. She prefers simply asking us her questions. Good luck though, infecting others with the hobby isn't always easy work.:)

Raine~ you are more than welcome to post, but posting from experience is really the best route. For instance, you won't see me offer advice on a species when we haven't even have anything from the same genus. I figure, I haven't had that first hand experience and so, I read to learn, but stay silent. There are plenty of people around to answer the question if I don't! :)