How to care for two wild furrow spiders?

Haven edwards

Arachnopeon
I found two furrow spiders Male and female and have currently put them in separate plastic containers each including moss,leaves, and sticks. I have only recently began to take interest in spiders and have little knowledge on how to care for them. I put a bottle cap with water in one of the containers. Can they drink from them? How often should I clean their cages?

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I found two furrow spiders Male and female and have currently put them in separate plastic containers each including moss,leaves, and sticks. I have only recently began to take interest in spiders and have little knowledge on how to care for them. I put a bottle cap with water in one of the containers. Can they drink from them? How often should I clean their cages?
I've never kept these, but generally orbweavers need significant space to build webs. They're more likely to drink droplets of water off their webs than they are to drink from a dish.

A full cleaning is rarely needed; just go in with tongs and remove any old prey items you find on the ground.