How often do you clean inside a hide ?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I had one molt in a burrow (visible from the outside of the enclosure) and leave the exuvia in there... no big deal, right? I didn't think much of it, but a week later the thing was covered in fuzzy mold. The lower layers of sub are almost always a little moist so it was the perfect environment. Needless to say, I dug it out (straight through from the top as to not disturb the rest of the burrow)... but I still had a pretty irate T on my hands who spent the next two days cleaning up the mess I left for her!
Which species is she?
I thought molts couldn't go bad...but i guess it depends on how moist it is in there.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You can clean the inside of a hide? :bucktooth:
I was asking myself this as well...don't think i can clean my E.murinus' hide if i wanted to. She's covered all of it with beautiful webbing. Why clean it? With higer humidity and warm loving species, just throw some springtails/isopods in and you're done!

WJHolby

Arachnopeon
Which species is she?
I thought molts couldn't go bad...but i guess it depends on how moist it is in there.
B. vagans... I was surprised too since it wasn't overly damp... at least no more than a normal underground burrow would be.