How much would you pay?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I'm willing to bet those enclosures in your images didn't cost nearly as much to build as you would think. That's not to say someone wouldn't charge you a fortune in labor costs to build it, though..... which is where I believe most people drop the most cash. But materials? Basic wood, hardware, drywall (in some cases), and glass. It can amaze you what a pint of wood stain, urethane, and some edge routing can do for even the cheapest of woods. Now if you want to talk about all sorts of rare stuff to decorate it with, well that's just impossible to argue. I could easily say that I want to mix 24k gold dust into the substrate because gold is found in this animal's natural habitat :p

Thanks for posting those pictures, though! It actually gives me some ideas, as I've been planning a wall-integrated enclosure for my monitor anyways. Only reason I haven't done it is because I'm not planning to stay where I'm currently living.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
I'm willing to bet those enclosures in your images didn't cost nearly as much to build as you would think. That's not to say someone wouldn't charge you a fortune in labor costs to build it, though..... which is where I believe most people drop the most cash. But materials? Basic wood, hardware, drywall (in some cases), and glass. It can amaze you what a pint of wood stain, urethane, and some edge routing can do for even the cheapest of woods. Now if you want to talk about all sorts of rare stuff to decorate it with, well that's just impossible to argue. I could easily say that I want to mix 24k gold dust into the substrate because gold is found in this animal's natural habitat :p

Thanks for posting those pictures, though! It actually gives me some ideas, as I've been planning a wall-integrated enclosure for my monitor anyways. Only reason I haven't done it is because I'm not planning to stay where I'm currently living.
very true, and i guess it all does come down to if its something you can do personally or not as well,
Like most basic tank/acrylic/wood work i can do, but taking apart the underside of a staircase and building a stable tank(with electrical light fixtures and such) is a whole different story for me.

i guess my whole point was also, more so, its all up to your personal preference.
like i said, if its a 40$ t, its probably getting a 4$ tub to live in for me, but if its something thats worth more then the rest of my Entire collection combined, I'm probably going to drop a good amount on its living structure.

Also, Glad i was able to help out with the pics a bit. i have several pictures i keep as inspiration/potential Future ideas once I'm in a house I own and actually start getting some unique/Rare species.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
very true, and i guess it all does come down to if its something you can do personally or not as well,
Like most basic tank/acrylic/wood work i can do, but taking apart the underside of a staircase and building a stable tank(with electrical light fixtures and such) is a whole different story for me.

i guess my whole point was also, more so, its all up to your personal preference.
like i said, if its a 40$ t, its probably getting a 4$ tub to live in for me, but if its something thats worth more then the rest of my Entire collection combined, I'm probably going to drop a good amount on its living structure.

Also, Glad i was able to help out with the pics a bit. i have several pictures i keep as inspiration/potential Future ideas once I'm in a house I own and actually start getting some unique/Rare species.
Yeah, it definitely wouldn't be easy work. And to be fair, I would probably charge someone a pretty penny for labor if I built those for a living.

Same situation here..... I don't have my own house yet:( But one day, I'll be dropping some major dollars on a house of my own. And it'll be all tricked out with animals! I'll have so many animals, I might need AZA accreditation;)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
120-130 for something that houses an invertebrate.

If I am housing some type of fancy snake or something... different story

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I would love to have any one of those, some of them look bigger than my bedroom lol. That's dedication and dough.