How much time do you generally spend on your Ts every day?

How much time do you generally spend on your Ts every day?

• Less than 5 min

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • about 10 min

Votes: 46 19.5%
  • about 20 min

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • about 30 min

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • about 45 min

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • 1 hour or more

Votes: 58 24.6%

• Total voters

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm constantly checking in on my babies. But if I was to add up all the time in a day it would be around 45 minutes to one hour.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I spend 45 minutes or so each day, for feeding/watering, viewing is extra ;)

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Wow... long time no see this thread!

I have to up my rating from 10 to 20min by now ;)

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm at about 5 hours one day, 3 hours the next. On 5 hour days, I take care of the big spiders. 3 hours a day I take care of the slings. That encompasses the whole spectrum, feeding those who need it, changing out the water and washing the dish, cage maintenance, pulling any molts and sexing, etc. On 3 hour days, I do the slings. If we include the recordkeeping and species research, then I'd probably have to bump it to 8-10 hours a day.

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I only have 14 T's and I spend maybe 30 minutes a day. I sometimes think I spend more time with the darn crickets then the T's! Going to change that this sping and get me a roach colony started. I hate crickets!

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maintenance

For all of mine, at least 2 hours a day. That is just for maintenance. But I change water dishes every day, clean up prey balls, etc. But I also have a ton of T's...20 of them being T. blondi.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
between my now 17 ts, spend at least 10-15 min or so cleaning water dishes, adding water, getting prey items/cleaning poop, taking pictures if one of them decides to do something, feeding. but other days i have spent hours, preparing new homes for new ts, rehousing, expanding and drying coco fiber takes a bit of time as well.

none of that includes time spent picking ts for next order, and reading/learning/posting here.

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have around 50+ pets between Tarantulas, Scorpions and my chameleon, I spend usually 30 minutes a day. 15 minutes in the morning and another 15 minutes at night.

some days I feed only my slings and some other the rest.

evilarachnid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would have to say at least 2 hours every other day cleaning and feeding. I check on all them every day, and that takes about 10 to 15 mins. I enjoy every minute of it.:)

Aleks32

Arachnopeon
I love to watch my two tarantulas... so most of my time spent (about an hour a day) is really just in observing them.

I grew up in the country... I can watch grass grow and be entertained by it.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Cirith Ungol said:
For me it's like that I do the T check first thing in the morning and last thing before I go to bed. But the morning and evening thing are basically instinct now. I don't even think about them anymore.
LOL, me too. I USED to turn of lights and check the door locks last thing. NOW, I've got to check and make sure no one has laid a sac or molted before I can get any sleep! :eek:

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted 1 hour or more, even though I don't have all that many.

I simply enjoy visiting with them first thing in the morning, watching/observing them throughout the day, whether they're doing absolutely nothing at all, or whether they're hunting down a food item.

Lately I even find myself tippy-toeing in here at night if I wake up to see what they're up to in the middle of the night. :D

Gotta love this hobby.

---
Wendy
---

snoflax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I generally spend roughly 2 hours a day doing something or other with the T's. Right now I have the cutest little B.smithy sling, s/he thinks its Godzilla{D so I spend alot of time just watching him probably spend more time with him that the rest right now. Between changing out water dishes, removing dead/mangled left over prey items, live crickets that have been in any of the cages more than 24hrs, removing old molts, checking the premolt Ts, feeding, misting ect. ect. and just visiting, ok maybe it's a bit more than 2 hours. I enjoy them they have a calming effect at the end of the day.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I generally spend less than 5 minutes a day... sometimes I don't even go down to "the room" for two or three days if they're all watered up, etc. It generally takes only 30 min or so to feed and water all inverts and reptiles, barring any deaths, major cleanup, or such.

What can I say... I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Trouble

Arachnopeon
30 min to an hour EASY

I have 10 T's ...different sizes and different needs, at different times...I feel that observation is the key to know what to do to keep the T happy even if it is just "hangin' out" . Maybe it just depends on how many you have and how much you care. I try to spend 1 hr. min. every day and I have a full time job too.

Last edited:

Lori

Arachnopeon
Probably about a half hour a day. And then there is the other time that I spend on this site reading about T's and also wondering if my T is happy.

Lori

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
feed the slings takes about 20 minutes, when I feed em all takes about an hour. I don't watch but take a peek at them periodically. Always at night when the lights are off and always in the morning. I need more t's. :(