How much time do you devote to your T’s?

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I spend about an hour and a half doing my Ts once a week . Then I check on my slings nearly everyday to make sure their water hasn’t evaporated . Then after feeding I check the next day and remove any uneaten food , so that takes a wee while as well .

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
I tend to check on my two multiple times daily. Keep my live plants in the enclosures nice and pruned. My wife says it’s better than me playing World of Warcraft all day. I can’t do much being 100% disabled from the US Army. So the Ts give me something to care for that has been extremely rewarding. Except for the urticating hairs on my Aphonopelma seemanni hehe.

Nutcracker

Arachnopeon
I only have 4, so very little time. I spend more time glancing at them as I walk by throughout the day. I have been thinking of adding a live plant or two to my A. seemanni enclosure and that would add a lot of time to weekly maintenance comparatively.

Jokesonmeow

Arachnopeon
I tend to check on my two multiple times daily. Keep my live plants in the enclosures nice and pruned. My wife says it’s better than me playing World of Warcraft all day. I can’t do much being 100% disabled from the US Army. So the Ts give me something to care for that has been extremely rewarding. Except for the urticating hairs on my Aphonopelma seemanni hehe.
Thank you for your service!

Sicarius1

Arachnopeon
There is no such thing as too much time. Keeping spiders is a right of passage and a way of life.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I do that quite often too. Today I sat in the floor staring at my new aphonopelma chalcodes for quite some time. 4/6 of mine are slings and they aren’t very exciting but I still enjoy spending the time observing them. That’s mostly why I asked this question. To make sure I wasn’t completely alone. :rofl::bookworm:
I just got out of bed to see if my b albo would eat a pre killed prey item before my mom came and told me to go to bed and yes i did intend to sit there the entire time while I watched a pet hole

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I check them once a year. They are too expensive to feed beyond that.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I spend probably an hour or so once or twice a week to feed everyone, 20 or 30 minutes every few days to refill water dishes. I'm always cruising around AB, usually in the background observing, commenting occasionally. Every time I step out my door, I hunt for wild spiders (mostly wolf spiders, I've caught 6 slings so far this spring). I spend a few hours here and there making new enclosures. And then there's this:

im serious though like i spend up to 1+ hours a day with my Ts usually not doing maintenance or anything just watching them
I think this is how most of my time is spent with my Ts, just sitting on the side of my bed, staring at them. In the past, I always said I'm gonna be the crazy old lady with a million cats running around, but in the past year it has become abundantly clear I'm the crazy spider lady. When I'm not "playing" with/aggressively stalking my spiders, I'm either looking for more spiders, talking about/thinking about/researching spiders, building something for spiders, or dreaming about spiders.... Hi, my name is Lokee and I am an arachnoholic. :hungry:

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I spend probably an hour or so once or twice a week to feed everyone, 20 or 30 minutes every few days to refill water dishes. I'm always cruising around AB, usually in the background observing, commenting occasionally. Every time I step out my door, I hunt for wild spiders (mostly wolf spiders, I've caught 6 slings so far this spring). I spend a few hours here and there making new enclosures. And then there's this:

I think this is how most of my time is spent with my Ts, just sitting on the side of my bed, staring at them. In the past, I always said I'm gonna be the crazy old lady with a million cats running around, but in the past year it has become abundantly clear I'm the crazy spider lady. When I'm not "playing" with/aggressively stalking my spiders, I'm either looking for more spiders, talking about/thinking about/researching spiders, building something for spiders, or dreaming about spiders.... Hi, my name is Lokee and I am an arachnoholic. :hungry:
i used to get bullied for being the kid with spiders and people always ask me how many i have and they watch with shock and horror as i count how many i have under my breath while putting up fingers. i talk about spiders so much it actually annoys the people around me oh yeah after i got my second T i immediately wanted another... hi im camden and im an arachnoholic as well

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
i used to get bullied for being the kid with spiders and people always ask me how many i have and they watch with shock and horror as i count how many i have under my breath while putting up fingers. i talk about spiders so much it actually annoys the people around me oh yeah after i got my second T i immediately wanted another... hi im camden and im an arachnoholic as well
Yeah, the general consensus among my friends and family (aside from a select few) is that I've lost my mind. And I'm right there with you in regard to annoying everyone with how much I talk about spiders lol. I used to be horribly afraid of most spiders (always liked jumpers no matter how scared I was of others), but helped myself out of it through research and exposure, and now I'm obsessed.

I love meeting young people and kids who like spiders or at least aren't afraid of them. It gives me a chance to corrupt (according to their parents) a new generation, and I've actually helped an arachnophobic niece feel less afraid. She recently asked if she could have one of my molts, which I was more than happy to give to her, complete with it's own "enclosure." I call that progress.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Yeah, the general consensus among my friends and family (aside from a select few) is that I've lost my mind. And I'm right there with you in regard to annoying everyone with how much I talk about spiders lol. I used to be horribly afraid of most spiders (always liked jumpers no matter how scared I was of others), but helped myself out of it through research and exposure, and now I'm obsessed.

I love meeting young people and kids who like spiders or at least aren't afraid of them. It gives me a chance to corrupt (according to their parents) a new generation, and I've actually helped an arachnophobic niece feel less afraid. She recently asked if she could have one of my molts, which I was more than happy to give to her, complete with it's own "enclosure." I call that progress.
wow thats so cool i made a little progress with my sister when she had a wolfer named jamie rip jamie but now she hates them she even squealed when she was on the phone with her friend because i was rehouseing my lynx spider in the kitchen. ive been trying to find someone around me who like spiders as much as me because the hobby can be kind of lonely when your the only one you know participating but thankfully i have this place where im not looked at like an alien because my hobby is a bit different from others.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
the hobby can be kind of lonely when your the only one you know participating.
I understand that completely! I live in rural Missouri and didn't know ANYONE with pet spiders (much less anyone who even liked spiders) until my husband and I got into the hobby and introduced a friend to it with his first few Ts. Even then, he's more of a snake guy and isn't at my level of spider obsession, so I feel like I annoy him with excessive spider talk too lol. I think I'd go nuts without the AB outlet, for real!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I understand that completely! I live in rural Missouri and didn't know ANYONE with pet spiders (much less anyone who even liked spiders) until my husband and I got into the hobby and introduced a friend to it with his first few Ts. Even then, he's more of a snake guy and isn't at my level of spider obsession, so I feel like I annoy him with excessive spider talk too lol. I think I'd go nuts without the AB outlet, for real!
You should be happy, IMO. I would hate to live in a place where 6/7 out of 10 people keep/like/etc spiders :pompous:

Long live rural Missouri and that 'healthy' food and relaxed atmosphere near Truman lake :bored: