How much should I sell 2i a emp. Scorplings

laurenkane

Arachnosquire
True Emps are worth much more!!!! They are not readily available right now in the states and you can sell them at your local reptile shows or equivalent for $40. Owner of Millipedes and More sold his emp scorplings for $40 just this May at LA's Natural istory Museum Bug Fair. Wholesale, I'd say around $20. Seriously, they are worth something if they are true emperors.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Wait, people sell slings for $70? Seems like a rip off to me lol. I can sort of understand for $70 for an adult but that's still a bit pricey, I see some for $50 at most usually, besides Ken who does $70.

I think ill do 15-20 and lower at "bulk" orders. Need some money for new enclosures and a new tarantula and get a new scorpion species. Maybe I can trade instead too... I'll donate a few to an insect zoo and one to my favorite biology teacher at school to keep as a classroom pet - closely under the care of me!
Very nice! Look around and see what other people are selling them for. If you think you can get more for yourself go for it. Maybe do 25 or even higher if you want. Personally, I'm not a fan of the species which is why I may be low balling. TBH though, 70 is ridiculous. Last year they cost ten dollars. There's no way in H E double hockey sticks would I pay 7 times the price I could have gotten them last year. Again, that's just me. I really have no idea how this is going to play out (the whole pricing wars with emps now). Whatever you do, I'd keep an eye out for flippers.

Quinquangular

Arachnoknight
True Emps are worth much more!!!! They are not readily available right now in the states and you can sell them at your local reptile shows or equivalent for $40. Owner of Millipedes and More sold his emp scorplings for $40 just this May at LA's Natural istory Museum Bug Fair. Wholesale, I'd say around $20. Seriously, they are worth something if they are true emperors.
They were identified as true emperors on another forum and were sold as Emps. So, I think it is - hopefully!

tfleming

Arachnopeon
Petco sells them for $29.99, so I'd say you want to be competitive. My 2cents!!!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you saw some big black scorpions at Petco they are prob a Heterometrus sps. and not really emps, it'd be cool if they were though and I'd go get a pair if there is one.