How much light for jumping spiders to thrive?

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
Most of the spiders I own are tarantulas, and I keep them in a relatively not exposed room, with little light, which suits nicely my arboreals. Originally, I thought this way I would encourage even the most reclusive ones to come out more often. All an all it has been working nice for me, but recently I've introduced Salticids to the collection, and I wondered if they need good light to thrive. Currently none of my enclosures has artificial light (although there is enough to keep an indoor ivy like Pothos).

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Phidippus regius, P. audax, and Salticus scenicus like some bright light.
BigFATPhids told me to provide bright light for my Phidippus to stimulate appetite.

Hairyleglover

Arachnopeon
I keep mine in a Kritter keeper inside a tote that houses multiple other inverts that don’t need much space. I’ve always kept the tote under a window and it seams to enjoy the natural light cycle.

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
Here’s the repurposed light setup I’ve been using, probably over kill. It’s a full spectrum grow light that I have on a 8/16hr timer. It does generate heat but my enclosures never get above 25C and I have a fan in the room. The low profile IMO makes it less of an eye sore. Grows spiders and cannabis fairly well so far :rolleyes:

2EA3555E-E293-4F40-A92C-87E47FAD585F.jpeg A3313AA0-ABE8-48F4-802E-3C9C8ACE10DC.jpeg EFEB6FF9-4417-4B79-AFDE-A1DE61E7BEB8.jpeg

I doubt they need full spectrum light though. My light was laying around not getting used anymore.

*edit* it does seem to stimulate them,
they’re out and about shortly after it turns on.