• 100 plus

Votes: 42 6.0%
  • I don't even count anymore

Votes: 33 4.7%

• Total voters

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Who cares if it's an old thread. I'd much rather not have the forum cluttered with the same threads and questions all the time. A thread that is as simple as, "What's your favorite T" doesn't need to be posted every single day. It gets old to be honest.
I agree. Doing this helps especially when one does a search.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Who cares if it's an old thread. I'd much rather not have the forum cluttered with the same threads and questions all the time. A thread that is as simple as, "What's your favorite T" doesn't need to be posted every single day. It gets old to be honest.
:eek: sorry, just saw a lot of ressurected threads today. i meant no harm by it, just a little bit of humour. and you're right, better to keep the old thread going than everyone start their own "what's youre fav/what should i buy/etc."

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Man I wish I could change my vote now...

I also love the "I dont even count anymore" option, haha.

super-pede

Arachnobaron
Yes I do! And I bet you and I aren't the ONLY ones on this board who talk to their Ts!=D

My g. rosea, sitting on her eggsack, "tenses up" when I open her enclosure to check humidity. When I talk to her, she "relaxes" and lays back down on the sac.

With some of the others, if I open an enclosure to feed and don't speak, they'll jump when I toss in the cricket. But if I speak to them first, they seem to expect that I'll be tossing something in or picking them up.

I'm in no way suggesting that they "hear" me, or that they "know" me!! But, our voices each have an individual tone and rhythym and I DO think they become accustomed to that after a certain amount of time.
I talk to my pedes all the time.I keep my African jewel centipede next to my bed that I always talk to every night.Yes,I'm very weird

ribonzz

Arachnopeon
I only have 2 of them.. and i never think that i'll have more of that.. Still scared to take care of them too..

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have 15 now, hope to get a select few more to finish off my collection

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I see I voted on this poll already...That was back when I was in the first category of 1-5, last year. Now I'm in the second category of 6-10. ;)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Well since others have posted since this was resurrected, I figured I would also. Up to 18 today with my new 6 new arrivals :)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow we voted 30-39 when this thread first popped up. We have somewhere in the 120 range now. Funny how quickly things change.

Cass

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does not compute. :eek:
Surely if I keep telling myself that, I'll stick to it...won't I?

Actually, to be more specific, there are only a few more species I want. But I'll probably have to go through multiple individuals to finally get all females of those species. So yeah, even though I say only a few more to go, in reality.... :D

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This thread reminds me I really need to count mine again!Been a long time hehe!
-Chris

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have 50 as of today but in a few weeks that number is gonna quadrouple lol i got a couple of sacks hehe

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Surely if I keep telling myself that, I'll stick to it...won't I?

Actually, to be more specific, there are only a few more species I want. But I'll probably have to go through multiple individuals to finally get all females of those species. So yeah, even though I say only a few more to go, in reality.... :D
Thaaaaaaat's more like it!

I'm pretty sure that when I've run wishlist dry, I'm just going to start finding new species to drool over. :8o

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
0 for me...though I want one badly, I am under my parents' roof and already have three pet birds. I may, however, be able to get a tarantula for christmas or possibly for graduation.
G. pulchripes for me. Then I'll look at the other NW species. I do have a tentative wishlist, but I need to do more research of the species on it. I fully intend, however, to get a GBB (C. cyaneopubescens I believe?) and a B smithi. I may never, however, get a pokie if the venom from all species can cause respiratory symptoms, so after that a H. lividium. Then I'll sit still for a bit....yeah, right.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
0 for me...though I want one badly, I am under my parents' roof and already have three pet birds. I may, however, be able to get a tarantula for christmas or possibly for graduation.
G. pulchripes for me. Then I'll look at the other NW species. I do have a tentative wishlist, but I need to do more research of the species on it. I fully intend, however, to get a GBB (C. cyaneopubescens I believe?) and a B smithi. I may never, however, get a pokie if the venom from all species can cause respiratory symptoms, so after that a H. lividium. Then I'll sit still for a bit....yeah, right.
Liar ! Lol . i thought I would only have 1 tarantula . . . 2 years later I have 13 {D

krendoshazin

Arachnopeon
Right now I have 2: a Brachypelma albopilosum and a Nhandu chromatus. I'm in the process of planning to expand my collection but I haven't quite decided which ones I will get. The trouble is finding places to put them all. Most serious collectors seem to have a tarantula room, and that will probably be something I might do when I get my own place.

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL....We have somwhere of 250+ right now....We have sold so many in the last while in order to take it down to 200 for our move (thank all you who bought) and have been pretty sucessful comming down from somwheres of 400+...It took us (James and I) 4 hours twice a week to feed and water all our spiders..now we are down to 2 hours twice a week.