how many millipedes comfortably fit in a 5.5 gal tank?

maggiedonut

Arachnosquire
I have four ivories now and plan on getting some more real soon but I don't want to overcrowd, how many would you recommend for a 5.5 gallon?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
You could easily fit 15+ adults and many immatures in a five gallon as long as there is plenty of food and a deep substrate available.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
The problem is keeping adequate food in a small space more than the space. You could keep a hundred if you changed out the substrate weekly.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just to add my two cents, I have about 5 adults and maybe 40 juveniles in a tub that is near the size of a 5.5 gallon. I do add supplementary foods and new leaf
litter often.

BuzzSwole

Arachnosquire
I have 8 North Americans in 55gal and I need to scoop poop and add leaves weekly ( I did have some canyons sneak in)

Last edited:

davehuth

Arachnoknight
My Ivories are a group of 8 adults and dozens of babies in something like an 8 gallon tub. Like many above have mentioned, i make sure to add lots of supplemental foods, and weekly freshen the leaf litter/crumbled decomposing wood. They also have many sticks to climb around on so everybody has plenty of space to wander.