1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How many members on each state/ country?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Gogyeng, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Gogyeng

Gogyeng Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    Is it possible to know how many members (active) are there on a given state or country at any given time?

2. Andrew Clayton

Andrew Clayton Arachnobaron Active Member

Not as far as I know although it would be a neat feature to have maybe even a dedicated arachnoboards.com app

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gogyeng

Indeed, could be fun. It could get even a bit competitive if we add to that the 'Most' categories, not sure everyone would be thrown off by that. I thought would be neat to see the demographics of arachnolovers and how dynamic we are as community

4. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Unfortunately it can not be done. Sorry. :(

Debby

• Love Love x 1
  5. Gogyeng

What about simply members by state / country of origin? I mean, some of this info is already on every profile. Unless this is stated confidential of course. In fact, in any case it could be of any help with programming I would be more than delighted to do so. I am experienced using SQL database / Python and some Java scripting ;)

6. Arachnopets

NY
    While we appreciate your offer, it is not necessary. But thank you anyway. :)

Debby

7. Andrew Clayton

Is there any development for a mobile app as that's all I use now I've not owned a desktop or laptop pc for over 10 years and haven't owned a tablet with desktop views and functions in the last 3 with development in android and mac they are slowly but surely becoming obsolete

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arachnopets

NY
    The website is mobile friendly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Andrew Clayton

Yes I know this as that's what I'm using and I don't have any issues at all but I do use my browser for other stuff so a dedicated app would be ideal just putting it out there lol feel free to do with the idea as you wish(please make an app)

10. Gogyeng

I beg to differ, apps are designed for mobiles specifically and resize icons etc to make users life easy. Websites are just compatible but is a far stretch to say a website undoes the advantages of an app.

11. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

However, apps often come with a variety of undesirable, privacy-invading permissions -- not to mention annoying ads that may or may not make use of personal information on your phone. Sometimes it's nice to be able to just browse a Web site.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gogyeng

I dont think at all this a problem of apps or phones. Likewise with websides one can have pop-ups, etc. Not to mention posting and seing youtube videos as single example of the case. And setting on the web-browser may or not take care of that. Ads are everywhere and is for Admin to manage how much of them to have, or not to have imho. Of course, free apps normaly compensate the premium advantages by incorporating these ads. This of course the deal in progress and capitalism. If there wasn't demand there wouldn't be an offer.

13. Arachnopets

NY
    The website is mobile friendly, as I mentioned before. An app is not necessary and is not going to happen. There is absolutely no need for it. If you feel this website is not mobile friendly, well then you're doing it wrong. ;)

Debby

14. Gogyeng

A very unanimous decision it is.