1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Trincess, May 16, 2018.

Perfect number of pet tarantulas?

Poll closed May 23, 2018.
  1. 1-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3-10

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. You can never have too many

38 vote(s)
    95.0%
  1. Death Derp

Death Derp Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Lol, my mom won't let me get a single cockroach as a feeder and i have 4 tarantulas and getting my 5th soon :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Trincess

Trincess Arachnopeon

Uk
    Haha that really sucks! They are such good feeders

Here’s hoping this happens to me!

I’d probably be content with about 10. So let’s hope he loosens up on the tarantula rules

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
  3. JanPhilip

JanPhilip Arachnoknight Old Timer

I couldn't agree more with this. It is a hobby and a hobby is supposed to be enjoyable. After a certain number it can become more like a second job. Currently I keep ~60 tarantulas and some reptiles and it is close to my maximum for my current situation. I used to keep a lot more, but I found narrowing it down to the species I enjoy the most made more sense for me personally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mmcg

mmcg Arachnosquire Active Member

London
    Get him to speak to people at the BTS and he’ll realise that you don’t have many.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Trincess

Trincess Arachnopeon

Uk
    I’m so excited for BTS

So here is what I’m thinking. Which agrees with what you said! If a tarantula is in premolt it’s especially boring so if I have a bunch of them they’ll be at different stages with different personalities and will be a lot more interesting for me as some will be active while others aren’t

It seems that people around me believe that tarantulas are deadly or can hurt them. I don’t even have any OW ones yet! Ps: nobody is too crazy about my roaches either. Also I checked my roach kindergarten yesterday and there was about 40 newborn nymphs in there

6. StampFan

StampFan Arachnobaron Active Member

Calgary
    You're in Canada, cockroaches are illegal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ancistrus

Ancistrus Arachnopeon

If he loves you, he will accept your hobby, if you love him, you should consider his request.

But just consider,... haha...

Life is too short, as long as you are not hurting anyone, you should enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

I let the extremely important question of 'how many is too many?' in the supreme, wise, kind etc heart of womens (wifes, girlfriends, mothers in general) for that I'm always lurking and searching for incautions husbands, 'so', sons etc near me always ready to buy one more spider.

Then, after pinpointing those, I try to fix the issue :)

9. Trincess

Trincess Arachnopeon

Uk
    Why am I in Canada?

I really did not understand what you said here...

10. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

As he quoted deathderp, he wasn't talking to you;)

Join the club...lmao

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Well, happens. For instance, I'm in Iowa at the moment, watching a bunch of lovely farmers talking about politics and wheat.

I was born, and, at the time of writing, I was a Canadian as well. But I have a DIY Time Machine, and you... not :)

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sinned

Sinned Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

^^ this,

About the same here, all the "limits" were nothing more then time she needed to adjust and play catch up. She has taken an interest and even checks up on them now when she walks past them. When she did tell me she was bothered about it, I respected it and didn't push the issue. We share a home and part of that (misplaced or not) concern also had to do that we have a (young) daughter and other pets. In time she learned about T's and we now even visits expo's together as a family.

In time, as space is an issue, I don't think she will mind me getting more T's. But for now, 15 is enough.

13. Trincess

Trincess Arachnopeon

Uk
    Ok you lost me again lolol...

I like all insects and frogs, I love frogs actually so other females especially think I’m really weird because I don’t collect handbags and I have a big tub of soil that I culture woodlice and springtails in. Literally freaks people out when I show them

14. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

:kiss::kiss::kiss: