How many days can it take scorpions to give birth

Prophet

Arachnosquire
I woke up today and the moment I've been waiting for and interested to see for awhile has happened. One of my Flat rock scorpions has had babies--but there are only 2 of them. I'm wondering if they have babies over the course of several days or all at once b/c I'm really hoping she has more.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I woke up today and the moment I've been waiting for and interested to see for awhile has happened. One of my Flat rock scorpions has had babies--but there are only 2 of them. I'm wondering if they have babies over the course of several days or all at once b/c I'm really hoping she has more.
She could (and probably will) still have more.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
She could (and probably will) still have more.
Good to know and I'm hoping she has many many more. I actually thought it was loose waxworms when I first looked at them but I noticed little legs coming out from the body. For a split second I figured she just let the worms hang out on her without devouring them like she usually does.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hadogenes typically take a couple days to finish giving birth. I don't think they have huge broods, but you should still get several more if it's a larger one.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Hadogenes typically take a couple days to finish giving birth. I don't think they have huge broods, but you should still get several more if it's a larger one.
Great info to know. I'll be constantly monitoring over the next several days. I thought something was wrong b/c she retreated to her hide for an entire day which is unlike her. Shes always out and about and she's a pretty good size. Not too swelled though

DSC_9885.jpg

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great info to know. I'll be constantly monitoring over the next several days. I thought something was wrong b/c she retreated to her hide for an entire day which is unlike her. Shes always out and about and she's a pretty good size. Not too swelled though

View attachment 261237
Beautiful lady! Just from the look of her I'd guess it'll be a smaller brood. But still, anyone getting slings from Hadogenes is a good thing!

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Beautiful lady! Just from the look of her I'd guess it'll be a smaller brood. But still, anyone getting slings from Hadogenes is a good thing!
Thanks, I actually just got her from Repticon a few weeks ago. I'm just hoping she doesn't eat the few she has. She usually eats pretty well so should I continue feeding as normal? Thanks for all the info

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks, I actually just got her from Repticon a few weeks ago. I'm just hoping she doesn't eat the few she has. She usually eats pretty well so should I continue feeding as normal? Thanks for all the info
Ah, so it may end up being a smaller brood from stress then, but not so much that she's eating them. Try to disturb her as little as possible over the next couple days and then carefully check (maybe some Christmas Hadogenes???). You can try feeding her in a week or so. She may be hungry enough to eat, otherwise you can wait until the kids molt and jump off. She should eat fairly soon after that happens.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Ah, so it may end up being a smaller brood from stress then, but not so much that she's eating them. Try to disturb her as little as possible over the next couple days and then carefully check (maybe some Christmas Hadogenes???). You can try feeding her in a week or so. She may be hungry enough to eat, otherwise you can wait until the kids molt and jump off. She should eat fairly soon after that happens.
I went ahead and fed her a cricket out of curiosity and its the fastest I've seen her eat yet. I'll monitor her progress b/c I really don't want her eating the babies so hopefully making sure she's full will help. I raised the humidity too slightly just b/c it seems like the correct thing to do as I usually keep it pretty warm. So far as of this original posting she's had 2, possibly 3 more. I can't tell if one is on her underside or not but looks like one. She's since retreated back into her estate..

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Aw, I love scorpion newborns (not the technical term, I know) because they just look so doll like with their fat bodies and teensy legs. I hope your brood does well!

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Aw, I love scorpion newborns (not the technical term, I know) because they just look so doll like with their fat bodies and teensy legs. I hope your brood does well!
Thanks and yea they look exactly like some of my smaller waxworms, but with legs. I was completely not expecting it. I have several possibly gravid emperors as well so I'm hoping to build my collection pretty extensively. Do you have any yourself?

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Thanks and yea they look exactly like some of my smaller waxworms, but with legs. I was completely not expecting it. I have several possibly gravid emperors as well so I'm hoping to build my collection pretty extensively. Do you have any yourself?
Scorpions? I do! I have a 1.0.0 P. imperator, 1.1 H. petersii, 0.0.2 B. jacksoni, and 2.3.40+ C. gracilis. All three C. gracilis females had broods, though the second brood wasn't very successful at all.

Good luck with your P. imperators, I hope they give you some babies too!

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Scorpions? I do! I have a 1.0.0 P. imperator, 1.1 H. petersii, 0.0.2 B. jacksoni, and 2.3.40+ C. gracilis. All three C. gracilis females had broods, though the second brood wasn't very successful at all.

Good luck with your P. imperators, I hope they give you some babies too!
Very nice collection indeed. I was actually looking for some gracilis at the past Repticon I went to. Do you keep yours well fed when they have babies? I'm guessing that helps with them being eaten

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I isolated the mothers from the other scorpions, and all the scorplings get isolated in their own individual enclosures as they leave the momma's back. The first brood I had was completely unexpected and when I noticed it the two males had already snatched up some babies and had them hanging from their mouths. :eek: Scorpions. They've got no morals.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
I isolated the mothers from the other scorpions, and all the scorplings get isolated in their own individual enclosures as they leave the momma's back. The first brood I had was completely unexpected and when I noticed it the two males had already snatched up some babies and had them hanging from their mouths. :eek: Scorpions. They've got no morals.
Yea the ever so dangerous cycle of life :--/
My flat rock has her own cage as they don't house well in groups from what I was told so no issues with other scorps. My main concern is her eating them. I have her pretty comfortable and hopefully stress free for the most part so hopefully shes a naturally good mother. This is my 1st experience with any kind of babies and its pretty awesome and interesting at the same time..

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well shoot, hopefully she leaves the rest alone! I don't think you can really pull them at this point, though I think I've seen threads where people talk about getting 1i slings to molt to 2i in deli cups with damp paper towels on the bottom. I'll see if I can track that stuff down.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Well shoot, hopefully she leaves the rest alone! I don't think you can really pull them at this point, though I think I've seen threads where people talk about getting 1i slings to molt to 2i in deli cups with damp paper towels on the bottom. I'll see if I can track that stuff down.
No need to track it down, I'm currently doing something similar and decided for my situation is probably the way to go. Much appreciated though. She has just been destroying them if they even touch the ground. She has always been aggressive and tracks anything down with a vengeance in her enclosure. I've managed to actually save a few that fell off and almost fell victim. As of right now she has about 13-15 on her back but unfortunately she has picked off several that I couldn't catch.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No need to track it down, I'm currently doing something similar and decided for my situation is probably the way to go. Much appreciated though. She has just been destroying them if they even touch the ground. She has always been aggressive and tracks anything down with a vengeance in her enclosure. I've managed to actually save a few that fell off and almost fell victim. As of right now she has about 13-15 on her back but unfortunately she has picked off several that I couldn't catch.
Hmmm, I wonder if feeding her heavily will curb the need to snack on her kids?