1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many cat food pellets should I feed my Dynastes Tityus Larva everyday/week/time period

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by MantidMaster, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Advertisement
    Here's the story:
    I currently have a Dynastes Tityus L2 larva, and I want to supplement it with cat food. How much should I feed it? Pics:
    My avatar has the pic!!! Sry bout that! Anyways, can someone help me with this?

2. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

No more than what they can eat in several hours time. Remove any excess unless you want to deal with mold and grain mite outbreaks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How the heck would I know how much it can eat in several hours time?

4. BobGrill

BobGrill Arachnoprince

Florida
    Um... maybe try feeding it and seeing how long it takes? And what's up with the attitude?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sorry for the attitude. Thing is, I'm just worried it will die...... :( But, I'll take both of your tips.

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 03:57 PM ----------

Sorry for the attitude. Just I don't want my grub to die. I'll take ur tip. Thx both of u!

6. ftorres

ftorres Arachnobaron Old Timer

I would put half of a piece, and change it every other day. The soft chewy ones work best, the hard ones work but not as well as the others.

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. tarantula71

tarantula71 Arachnopeon

a
    Can I feed cat food to Lucanus Elaphus
    larvae ?

8. I think they can, because if they can eat dog food, why not cat food(they are very similar) ;)

• Like Like x 1