How Long To Wait To Feed After Molt

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
So, my G. pulchra sling just molted for the second time she's been in my care (very exciting and I'm really happy!), but she's too small for me to see her fangs. How long do y'all recommend I wait before feeding her again?

I'm also not sure when she molted, because I was gone for about a week when it happened. So that's a bit of an issue. She's been in her hide since I got home, so I haven't gotten a chance to see how fresh she looks. And of course I don't want to bother her, so I'm not going to coax her out.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I (would) usually wait:

• 1 week for a sling
• 2 weeks for a juvie
• 3 weeks for an adult

Though I don’t have any adult yet.

And to check if it’s ready or not, I sometimes drop a few water to see it’s feeding response.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I usually wait anywhere between 2-3 days and up to a week before feeding slings. If you are feeding pre-killed you can try now if you like. Just remove the prey item if it is not eaten.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So, my G. pulchra sling just molted for the second time she's been in my care (very exciting and I'm really happy!), but she's too small for me to see her fangs. How long do y'all recommend I wait before feeding her again?
If I can't see that the fangs are black, I wait about a week for slings just to be safe.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Arbitrary times mentioned above are lunacy.

Feed when fangs are black only or your T may DIE.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Slings - 5 days.
Juveniles - 10 days.
Sub-Adult/Adults - 15 days.