How long should one have to wait for a order?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
You meant waiting to get another sling or waiting for the sling that you placed an order?

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
I don’t know. I have never ever waited for more than a week for my orders. Why don’t you contact the seller and ask?
Heres the thing ive been in not steady contact but everytime there is contact its always pushed back because of "reasons"

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
I would normally but ive already waited this long. Im just wondering what the usual wait time is for people. I spend on average 250-300$ per order.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
I have had a delay of a few days because of an unexpected molt.

If the reason for the delay is unacceptable to you, cancel the order.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've had delays due to bad weather and one that was late because of a shipping error (was marked sent when it hadn't been posted) but never waited more than 2 weeks for an order.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
2 months is in "real sketchy" territory for me. I would ask for your money back and if the seller doesn't give it to you fight it with the bank or PayPal. S/he hasn't shipped you anything so it should be fairly easy for you to win.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I've never had an order take more than a week unless I requested it be held and shipped later. Two months is much too long, I would cancel and ask for a refund.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
2 months, and you are wondering what to do hahahahh If my order isn't delivered on time shipper gets a call, then seller. If nothing is resolved in 2 days or less, credit card company is called. 2 months, kiss that money good bye in my book. Unless seller is hatching them out!

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I have been a repeat customer of a seller who is not quick to ship, but when he does he makes it worth your while to wait, with freebies, etc. If the reasons for waiting are reasonable, then you're still getting up on the point where you should be concerned at 2 months. Especially if you have paid for this order, it's time for you to receive your spiders.

Now, if the shipper is concerned about heat, then this would make perfect sense for the time of year. Some sellers are more comfortable shipping through heat than others, and you really have to respect their limitations.

I'd say contact the seller and tell them that temperatures are good and you are ready to receive your spiders in the next week. Let him/her know that if that is impossible you want to cancel the order.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
@Dovey I've shipped and received during the Texas summer, both large spiders and slings. I don't think heat is a great reason to hold off on shipping for 2 months, especially since the OP is in B.C.

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
I was forced to cancel my order. From the information i had gathered it was one excuse after another as to why there were no shipping dates confirmed.

Nothing should take 2 months. If the specimens are not available, dont tell someone they are and take weeks to track them down.

As per the few conversations i had with them the excuses didnt out weigh the problem. Now im am back to square one for looking for reliable breeders that are good with providing specimens to help build my collection.

With the expo right around the corner will be great to meet new people.

Thank you to everyone for your comments i greatly appreciate it. If youd like more details feel free to pm.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was forced to cancel my order. From the information i had gathered it was one excuse after another as to why there were no shipping dates confirmed.

Nothing should take 2 months. If the specimens are not available, dont tell someone they are and take weeks to track them down.

As per the few conversations i had with them the excuses didnt out weigh the problem. Now im am back to square one for looking for reliable breeders that are good with providing specimens to help build my collection.

With the expo right around the corner will be great to meet new people.

Thank you to everyone for your comments i greatly appreciate it. If youd like more details feel free to pm.
Get your money back too

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
We will see what happens. Thats the normal procudure when you cancel an order right :) hopefully this is the case.
Don't wait on the seller to issue a refund. Contact whatever financial institution you made the payment from and begin the process with them.