How long is pandinus lifespan?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Extremely interesting. What about once they are fully grown?
When fully grown they will no longer molt, unlike Tarantulas which molt throughout their lives, even as adults. You don't want to overfeed an adult and have it be lumbering around. I often regulate the food intake of my adult Ts and Scorps, since I'm like a lot of ppl here and tend to overfeed unintentionally.

You have to admit their takedowns are cool. :smug:

I have a trio of emps currently at 5i. If I kept them warmer they'd be farther along but they're still at 5i.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
When fully grown they will no longer molt, unlike Tarantulas which molt throughout their lives, even as adults. You don't want to overfeed an adult and have it be lumbering around. I often regulate the food intake of my adult Ts and Scorps, since I'm like a lot of ppl here and tend to overfeed unintentionally.

I have a trio of emps currently at 5i. If I kept them warmer they'd be farther along but they're still at 5i.
Yeah there takedowns are awesome :)
I feed my guy as little as possible knowing he will never starve to death under my eye but I could easily make him a fatty if I let myself loose with feeders however I'm pretty sure he was adult when we purchased him as he hasn't molted in the 15 months I've had him. His an Asian forest btw

MathiasVG

Arachnopeon
also.. and I could be wrong, but I heard that if they eat less they grow slower and could spend longer times in certain stages because of this.
I keep my room at 75 degree in winter and I also use a ceramic heat emitter. I don't use the A/C in the summer. The temperature is usually between 80 to 90 degree. I feed them at least once a week.

MathiasVG

Arachnopeon

Unless you want to breed them.

MathiasVG

Arachnopeon
Yeah there takedowns are awesome :)
I feed my guy as little as possible knowing he will never starve to death under my eye but I could easily make him a fatty if I let myself loose with feeders however I'm pretty sure he was adult when we purchased him as he hasn't molted in the 15 months I've had him. His an Asian forest btw
My P dictators are not the case. Some adults have slim belly yet refuse to eat for weeks.

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
I have no personal experience with your species but I do have a pair of P. imperator that have jut turned 8 years old. I've personally raised them since 2i and in fact the female is gravid again right now. This is only their second litter in that amount of time. It's taken me a long time!

Attachments

MathiasVG

Arachnopeon
I have no personal experience with your species but I do have a pair of P. imperator that have jut turned 8 years old. I've personally raised them since 2i and in fact the female is gravid again right now. This is only their second litter in that amount of time. It's taken me a long time!
So, it's not ture, in your experience, that male P. imperators live up to 5 years and females live up to 8 years.

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
So, it's not ture, in your experience, that male P. imperators live up to 5 years and females live up to 8 years.
I can only speak to the couple pairs I have had since they were 2i. Both males and females are 7+ years old. However I've taken a moderate strategy with their growth and feeding. I have not tried to accelerate growth rate by robust feeding. Just weekly feedings of a variety of invertebrate prey.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
Iam
Personally attempting a very moderate feed rate of once a week to extend potential lifespan.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I get them to breeding size pretty fast, that was the plan. Moderate is best imo, I feel that backing off food too much may stunt growth.

TaekMin

Arachnopeon
Thanks! I'm speechless.
Sorry :( im not good at english.
so i can't understood what do you want to know. (translator i used doesn't good so i translate myself)
I will try to be good at english.

Last edited: